My 16 Year Old Mark On The World | Teen Ink

My 16 Year Old Mark On The World

By E.Lee GOLD, Akron, Ohio
E.Lee GOLD, Akron, Ohio

I want to be remembered when I’m gone. Recognized and exalted like MJ after his final moonwalk-the way his fame reopened like a sewn up hole in faded jeans-after he was dumped back into the earth from which he came. I don’t want to leave unnoticed. I want to be known for the things I say and the ways I move people. Move the mind. Mark the world. “Understand me better by seeing what I’ve written.” “Know the soul that lies behind these dark eyes by reading [in between the lines] on every crinkled page I’ve written, because what lies [behind] the eyes is so much more truthful than what seeps out of a smile.” A mark on this world doesn’t have to be tremendous to be remembered. It just has to exist. And I do exist, as well as know things. I know that sometimes silence is the loudest kind of noise. And I know that silent prayers can be the ones prayed with the most meaning because sometimes you just can’t get the words you need for God to hear out past a mumble. But He still hears them. I may only be 16 but a mark is my future. It may as well be my middle name, but unfortunately it’s LeeAnne. Close, right? The bible says that we should not conform to the things of this world. So I am in it, not of it. And that’s good. Things remembered are things that stand out. Be different in your existence, and know who you are whether others choose to acknowledge you or not. “Know the soul that lies behind these dark eyes by reading [in between the lines] on every crinkled page I’ve written, because what lies [behind] the eyes is so much more truthful than what seeps out of a smile.” I want to be remembered for the things I do or say, changes I create, and the voices that I impact to stand up and be heard. Take your life off of mute and let it speak for you because sometimes that’s the only way people will listen. When they see you instead of hear you. When they feel you instead of see you. When they want to be you, instead of just feeling whatever emotions you give off. Because they know that you have something they don’t. I want to be remembered when I’m gone. Remember my words and what they mean to you. Because I don’t want to leave unnoticed.

enjoy:) <3