Angels, Demons, and Mortals | Teen Ink

Angels, Demons, and Mortals

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

I walk the crowded halls of my High School and several things jump out at me. I notice my friends, who are Angels, and I notice my enemies, the Demons.

And then I notice people who consider themselves my friends, but I am not friends with them. These people are the Mortals.

The Angels are very good to me. They sometimes protect me, while I protect them other times.

The Demons are horrible to me and I try to stand up to them whenever I can.

And then, the other group of people, the neutrals, or Mortals, are there just filling in the cracks.

I have Demons in nearly every class I am taking. They try to make me feel as if I am nothing. Scum of the earth.

Who is God, you ask? Well, in the school world, He is God. My principal and some teachers lightly represent Him in ways I am still figuring out.

I walk home with Angels every day. I soar with them high above the clouds as the Demons try to pull me back down to earth. The Demons nab at me until I snap, and then the Angels come and take me away.

These Mortals, they are everywhere. They fit anywhere that the Angels and Demons don’t. They fill in the spaces that so awfully haunt me in my times of despair. Some mortals are nice, some are mean, and some are just plain weird.

I see the three groups in colors. Red represents the Demons. White represents the Angels. And blue represents the Mortals.

All three groups haunt my dreams at night. Some dreams good, other ones bad. The Demons try to kill me, while the Angels save my life, over and over again.

So many times in my life, I feel as if I belong with the Demons with all of the awful things I have done. I relate to them in some ways. However, other times, I feel as though the Angels are who I belong with. Yet, still, other times, I feel as though I belong with the Mortals. Human. To not be an Angel, or a Demon.

All of these people play a part in my life. Some I love, some I hate, and some I don’t talk to, or don’t even care about.

But the one who plays a vital role in my life is God. He is my rock and my salvation. My Savior.
“For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous; but the way of the ungodly shall perish.” –Psalm 1:6

This is sometimes how I actually feel at school. I avoid the enemies and hang with the Angels.