A Day Out | Teen Ink

A Day Out

March 25, 2010
By CrystalDE PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
CrystalDE PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
24 articles 197 photos 166 comments

After being in the house all day I get dressed and as I take my first step out the door I see that the sun is going down. When I’m walking down the ramp I can feel the wind hit my face and the rays of sun warm my blood with a flow of vim. The sunset is done for the day now as it sets but, its still daylight and its one of my favorite parts of the day. I let my rough fingers from guitar strings lay still and be dragged down the ramps wooden arm. I fell how the smooth moist wood makes my stiff fingers drowned in delight. As I pace in the grass, barefooted, my feet decline in the cold soggy mud that I endure and each step I smell the fragrance of fresh cut grass. It begins to pour raining and as it falls it’s as if every part of me is being massaged and cleansed of every thing that has hurt me. I am at peace at this moment. I lift my head and stretch my arms out as I taste the rain. I can see it all as it falls down from the sky towards me and around me. I taste, I see, I feel its touch; I smell it and I hear all the thousands of drops on thousands of leafs. I am here.