Conversation Between Neighbors | Teen Ink

Conversation Between Neighbors

By nordgirl GOLD, Turlock, California
nordgirl GOLD, Turlock, California

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Della: I’m bored. (Leah is a blond girl who is talking to her neighbor. She is the same height of that of her neighbor.)
Zack: What type of bored? (Zack is a person of low intelligence and enjoys making not that funny jokes. He has dark red hair and brown eyes.)
Della: What? (Della gives Zack a confused look.)
Zack: (Enthusiastic) Are you a skate, surf, straightening, cutting, or diving board?
Della: Aren’t you funny? (Della rolls her eyes.)
Zack: What if a guy is running around in a mall and is shooting people. Then someone yells ‘Murderer!’ and then the killer says ‘Thou shall not judge thy neighbor. Shame on you.’
Della: Why are you talking to me?
Zack: Cause I love you! (Snort)
Della: You aren’t that funny. I am trying to write something here.
Zack: What are you writing?
Della: Something for a website. (Della is trying to ignore Zack who is looking over her shoulder. Dell is holding a laptop that is showing the website Teen Ink.)
Zack: What’s Teen Ink? (Della doesn’t say anything so Zack continues.) Teen Ink? What does a teen made out of ink have to do with anything? When they turn twenty does their account just disappear?
Della: Just shut up Zack. (She smacks him.)
Zack: Ouch! (Pulls Della’s hair)
Della: Zack, you’re a jerk.
Zack: I know! (Zack smiles slyly.)
Della: Why did you pull my hair? (She is frowning at him.)
Zack: Why did you hit me?
Della: Why won’t you leave me alone?
Zack: Why are you hanging around outside if you wanted to be alone?
Della: Why do you care?
Zack: Why do you care why I care?
Della: Why do you care why I care why you care?
Zack: Why do you care why I care why you care why I care? (Puts his hands to his head) Whoa! Too many words.
Della: I’m sure your mom would care why you care why I care why you care why I care why you care that I care!
Zack: What?
Della: Goodbye. (Stands up and goes inside.)
Zack: Why is everything spinning?

I'm sorry. I wrote this while I was sleepy. Hope that you enjoy my ranting.

nordgirl GOLD said...
nordgirl GOLD, Turlock, California

Sorry. in the first paragraph in the () it says Leah, but that's supposed to say Della.