Betrayed | Teen Ink

Betrayed

June 9, 2010
By Katherine93 GOLD, Liverpool, Other
Katherine93 GOLD, Liverpool, Other
15 articles 0 photos 76 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only person you are destined to become is the person that you choose to be" - unknown


I spilled my heart and soul out to someone that I thought I could trust. Only to have that person stab me in the back. How am I supposed to get past it, and recover from this? I feel like I've lost a friend now as a result, and I don't know how to get past it. I have this horrible feeling inside me, like my stomach is being twisted as I'm stabbed in the stomach, and I feel empty, as though my hearts been ripped out of my chest. That's what you get when you let your heart win, over your head, and admit the truth. It's always best to write it down, or vent to people that don't know who you are talking about, and will have no contact with that person. Otherwise, the only person who will get hurt is yourself, and it's hard to recover from a broken heart, head and friendship, when the only person who can take the pain away, refuses to speak to you. I feel as though I've lost all purpose and I can't even trust myself to keep my feelings and opinions to myself in the future, seeing as apparently, what I think and how I feel doesn't matter anymore, and people think that they can walk all over me, and that’s okay. When it's not. And I may hide behind a smile, and pretend that everything’s fine, when really my heart's breaking and it's taking all my strength to stop myself from crumbling to pieces in front of you. When you ask me what’s wrong, I'll smile and say 'nothing I'm fine' and laugh, but the laugh's empty, and when you turn away, the smiles gone and I whisper 'everything'... From now on I refuse to love, trust or have 'friends' again, because by doing these things, you only leave yourself vulnerable when the inevitable occurs, and your left standing in the dark, crying silent tears and picking up the pieces of your broken life.
This is what happens when you wear your heart on your sleeve.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece,after a person who I have known and trusted for a very long time spilled all my secrets and inevitabley ruined our friendship, and my friendship with the other people that it involved.