Haunting Hour | Teen Ink

Haunting Hour

By shabam34 GOLD, St. Helens, Oregon
shabam34 GOLD, St. Helens, Oregon

Laughing until your stomach hurts :)
That's what friends are for <3

“Are you serious? There is no such thing as ghosts. How many times have I told you that?” Abbey looked at her friends as if they were from another planet. She was obviously holding her ground. No matter what her friends told her she wasn’t going to believe them. Ghosts are just in books and movies for entertainment. They don’t have anything to do with real life. Abbey knew that but it was just a matter of convincing her friends.

“Okay. You can stick with your belief, but we think differently.” After Kayla spoke the girls nodded their heads in agreement. “Remember that movie we watched earlier? There was a ghost terrorizing Clai-”

“Exactly! That’s just a movie! Fiction, fake, and not real!” Abbey thought it was kind of funny her friends were scared some ghost was going to haunt them tonight but she didn’t need them trying to freak her out too.
“Whatever. Just watch your back because I have a bad feeling something is going to happen tonight,” Lexi looked really scared as she spoke. Did she really think a ghost was coming to haunt them tonight?

“Let’s just talk about something else okay? I’m really getting scared,” Nikki stated. “How about we get ready for bed? It’s getting late.” The girls nodded in agreement and headed upstairs. So far this sleepover had been a blast. Hopefully, the fun would continue.
All the girls crammed into the bathroom to brush their teeth. They laid their four sleeping bags in a circle with all of their heads in the center. Turning off the lights, the four girls slid into their sleeping bags ready to go to sleep. Just as Abbey closed her eyes she heard a big boom and saw a bright green light creep from under the door. “I am the ghost of Tori and I have come to haunt you! Muahahahaha!” the creepy voice thundered. All of the girls screamed in terror.
“What was that?” Kayla whispered. “Do you still think ghosts aren’t real?” Kayla eyed Abbey. “Well?” at this point everyone was staring at her.
“Umm… To tell you the truth I’m not quire sure,” Abbey was scared too but she tried not to show it.
“Well I do know what it is!” Nikki loudly whispered. “It’s a ghost!”
“It isn’t a ghost, that’s for sure! I told you ghosts aren’t real,” Abbey was trying to calm everyone down. Considering everything that was happening, that was hard to do.
“What is wrong with you! Run before I get you!” the mysterious green light was flashing as the creature spoke. They all screamed with fright. Zooming out of their sleeping bags, they all dove for the door at once. The door slammed shut in their faces and they heard it lock. Frightened, they dove back in their sleeping bags and hid under the covers. “Do you seriously think I’d let you escape that easily?” The voice cackled. “Tonight, I’m going to have some fun. Tonight, I am going to haunt you!”
The swirling green light was illuminating from under the door. Abbey closed he eyes and hid in her sleeping bag. She counted to three. When she got to three everything would be back to normal. The green light would be gone, the creepy voice and her terrified friends wouldn’t be terrified. It would all just be a nightmare she was having, a bad one at that. She began to count in her head…1…2…3. Abbey opened her eyes and poked her head out of her bag. The room was pitch black. She poked her friends to see if they were awake.
Kayla was awake, Nikki was awake and Lexi was … GONE! “Oh my gosh!” Abbey screamed. “Where’s Lexi?” Nikki and Kayla followed her gaze to the empty sleeping bag. She was definitely gone. Where did she go?
“Abbey! A ghost is tormenting us. How can you not believe us!” Nikki stared at Abbey in disbelief.
“Okay! I believe you! Ghosts are real and we are being haunted! Okay? Are you happy? I believe you! Now I am scared to death and Lexi is missing! She’s gone! Where did she go?” Abbey was screaming and she was scared. She was really scared!
“Do you think the ghost got a hold of her?” Kayla whispered. The scary part was that she was dead serious. And her statement was probably true. Nikki had a pretty good idea of where but she wasn’t going to be the one to look.
“I think the ghost does have her,” Nikki agreed. “I think she’s in there.” Nikki pointed at the door where the mysterious green light was coming from before. “Abbey, I think you should go check it out.”
“Why me?” Abbey argued.
“It’s your house and you’re the one who didn’t believe in ghosts earlier,” Kayla argued back. Both Nikki and Kayla were both convinced Abbey should be the one to go.
“Fine. I will go but if anything happens to me I will come and haunt the two of you!” Though Abbey was horrified, she still had a little humor left in her. Giving them one more look, she took a deep breath and walked towards the door. Walking as slow as possible, she approached the door. Taking another deep breath, she turned the handle. The green light boomed from under the door and a blood-curling scream escaped Lexi’s mouth. Abbey ran and hid behind Nikki. The green light continued flashing from under the door.
The ghost’s voice filled the room. “You will never find her now!” The green light turned blue, Lexi continued to scream. Suddenly, Abbey thrust herself towards the door. Just as she did, the lights stopped flashing.
“Lexi? Where are you? I know you are in here.” Abbey was worried it was too late. She was gone. Not just from her sleeping bag but from Abbey’s life. Abbey continued to search anyway. Just as she turned the corner a ghostly figure appeared.
“You’re next!” the ghost cackled. Horrified, Abbey screamed and ran toward the door. It swung shut and locked again. Abbey was done for and she knew it. Searching for a place to hide she heard a giggle escape from the ghost’s mouth.
“What is going on?” Abbey asked. The light flicked on and Kayla came in laughing followed by Nikki.
“We got you! We got you!” The three girls giggle-chanted together.
“But…How?” Abbey asked still clueless as to what was going on. Still laughing, Lexi approached Abbey with a tape recorder, the television remote, a green flashlight, and a blue flashlight.
“That’s how.” Lexi answered. “Since you were making such a big deal about ghosts not being real we decided to give you a run for your money."
“Wow!” Abbey exclaimed. “That was a pretty good trick. You got me good. So what exactly did you do?”
“Well, we turned on the scary movie we were watching earlier and that’s what made the scary lights and the creepy voice,” Kayla started.
“Then,” Nikki continued, “While your eyes were closed Lexi sneaked out and turned off the television. She used the tape recorder to continue the voices and the flash lights to continue the lights.”
“Then,” Lexi continued, “I started screaming to make it even scarier and to freak you out.”
“Well it worked,” Abbey laughed. “That was pretty sneaky.”
“It was,” Kayla laughed. “We should really get to bed now though, it’s 3:00 a.m.” All of the girls showed they agreed by crawling into their sleeping bags.
Just as they did, the green light crept through the door and the ghost’s voice filled the room.
“Okay guys. The joke is over, turn off the television. It’s time for bed.” Abbey said as she rolled onto her side.
“It’s not me,” Nikki said.
“It’s not me,” Lexi added.
“Then who is it?” Kayla asked.
“It’s me.” Abbey giggled as she waved the television remote in the air.
“Abbey!” Lexi, Nikki and Kayla all screamed at once. They all threw their pillows at Abbey and laughed. Together, they all gave themselves the best sleepover ever and they would never forget it.

shabam34 GOLD said...
shabam34 GOLD, St. Helens, Oregon

Laughing until your stomach hurts :)
That's what friends are for <3

Thank you sooo much!! :) and I would be glad too read your stuff

Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

Nice story, it made me smile.

The begining was especialy great, it was very attention-catching ;)

By the way, can you read some of my stories, rate, and critisize? Thanks:)

shabam34 GOLD said...
shabam34 GOLD, St. Helens, Oregon

Laughing until your stomach hurts :)
That's what friends are for <3

same here :) that's what inspired me to write it :)

XOXOhaloXOXO GOLD, Ellsworth, Maine

I'm the author of my life and, unfortunately, I'm writing in pen=]

ur welcome it reminds me of my friends and I

shabam34 GOLD said...
shabam34 GOLD, St. Helens, Oregon

Laughing until your stomach hurts :)
That's what friends are for <3

awww thanks :)

on Jun. 24 2010 at 7:49 am
XOXOhaloXOXO GOLD, Ellsworth, Maine

haha this is really cute! i like it alot!