What I Think / Chapter 4: Yellow | Teen Ink

What I Think / Chapter 4: Yellow

June 18, 2010
By Babie PLATINUM, Modesto, California
Babie PLATINUM, Modesto, California
30 articles 0 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I Hate Kid's I have to many realitives.....ahhhhh!"


Chad's POV

I didn't knock, or ring the bell, or anything. I just walked on in like I spent all my time there.

"Okay Sonny, now what?" I slammed the door closed.

"AHHHHH!" Sonny swung a bat in my direction.

"AH!" I reacted quickly, "I thought you wanted me here!"

"Chad? God don't scare me like that! You couldn't knock?" Sonny placed her hand over her heart and dropped the bat.

"My bad."

"I'm sorry. Just a little freaked."

"S'okay. Tell me what you need me for so I can go home and get some sleep."

"About that... would you mind staying tonight?"

I sighed, but inside, I was excited. An entire night with Sonny was better than I could have imagined.

"Fine. Can I go to sleep now?" I begged.

"But I'm not even tired!" she sounded like a whiny five year-old.

"Then what do you want to do?"

"How about we watch a movie?" she crossed the room.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that her coffee pot was running-and there were three mugs in the sink.

"Sonny, how much coffee have you drank?" I looked at her curiously.

"I dunno. I lost count after... six."

"Wow." I collapsed down on the couch with my arms spread across the top of it.

After she put the movie in, I expected her to come sit next to me, but instead she open up one of the kitchen cabinets and pulled out a bottle of champagne.

"Sonny Monroe? An under-age drinker? Who'd a thunk it."

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't get ahead of yourself there. My mom left this for me. It's a one-time only thing."

I followed here to the counter as she filled two glasses.

Half an hour and three glasses later, Sonny was sitting next to me with her head on my shoulder.

"So, you have your own show, your own apartment, you're just living the adolescent dream, aren't cha?" I said to the top of her head.

"I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love being on So Random! and all, but my teen years just haven't been how I expected them, ya know? I mean, besides my disastrous date with James, I've never actually been on a date. Never had my first kiss, or been to a homecoming dance, or been grounded for getting drunk at a party like all the other kids."

"Monroe, you've never had your first kiss?" suddenly Sonny was blushing wildly.

"Yeah, stupid me." she looked away.

"Well maybe I can fix that one day." she tilted her head to look at me.

"Or maybe you could fix it right now."

I didn't need to be asked twice.

This will be continued on the next chapter Day


The author's comments:
In this point of the story the girl drinks. But it still is a bad idea to ever do so. Her mother never took any notice of wanting to help at all. So do not repeat at all kids.