The Perfect Moment | Teen Ink

The Perfect Moment

By Livvyluv203 SILVER, St. Clair Shore, Michigan
Livvyluv203 SILVER, St. Clair Shore, Michigan

I walked up to Trey holding my camera. “Trey record Nick and I!” I called over the loud music blasting from the DJ’s set up.

“What?” Trey cried.

“Record Nick and I!” I shouted again, hoping he’d hear me this time.

“Is it recording?” he asked, taking the camera, I had held out to him.

“Yes!” I replied, smiling.

Trey nodded and followed me over to where Nick was standing waiting for me to return.

I slipped my arms around Nick’s neck as he put his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she’s cheer captain and I’m on the bleachers dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you’re looking for has been here the whole time…” I sang along with Taylor Swift as Nick and I swayed happily to the up beat music, while Trey recorded us.

Nick’s eyes stared into mine in a loving way and a smile played about his lips.

I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Been here all along so why can’t you see, you belong with me, you belong with me…” as the lyrics continued on, Nick dipped his head down and softly kissed me.

I held back another smile as I returned his perfect kiss.

Trey, still recording took a step forward, getting a close-up of the two of us. I, in my orange strap-less dress and Nick in his black suit, red tie, and the orange boutonniere I had bought him to match my dress, stared at Trey, smiling, confused as to why he was so close.

Trey laughed and took a step back again as Nick and I continued dancing.

Suddenly, Nick went in for another kiss and my stomach flipped excitedly as his lips met mine.

“Awww!” Trey called, laughing.

I couldn’t help but laugh at him, and unfortunately I broke off Nick’s amazing kiss.

Nick smiled and gave Trey a funny look, only causing me to laugh more.

“Oh I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night, I’m the one who makes you laugh when you know you’re about to cry, and I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams, think I know where you belong, think I know it’s with me…”

Nick stole another kiss as the song grew near the end and my heart skipped a beat. Despite the massive group of prom-excited teens around us, Nick and I seemed to be the only ones in the room.

I knew the moment was perfect and for once in a long time I felt safe, happy, and at ease. Kissing, him back, I held back another smile and everything was right in my life.

Trey didn’t interrupt us this time and after a minute we pulled away smiling at each other; Nick’s eyes full of sincerity and compassion.

A second later, the song came to a close and the two of us looked over at the DJ who started talking before playing another song and Trey stopped recording. He handed me the camera back and excitedly I took it, knowing my favorite part of the evening had been recorded. I couldn’t wait to go home and watch it later, and relive the perfect moment.

okay in case I have to do this, I do not own the lyrics to Taylor Swift's song "You Belong With Me" I just used it so give her the credit :)...and anywho true story :D