The Bright Life | Teen Ink

The Bright Life

By LilMissDarkside95 BRONZE, Pinckney, Michigan
LilMissDarkside95 BRONZE, Pinckney, Michigan

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control."

Well, the trees were growing. Faster than last spring, and more lush with a paler hint of green so it seemed. I never once thought life could be so beautiful as I did on that day, as I lay on that dock in the lake. I looked up in the clouds...A whale I whitnessed, a whale! I looked to the right, only to see a big fluffy white bear! Only in the summer can you see them so close. No boats to provoke the waves, no voices to break the silence. Only myself and 5 others, amazed by the smells and sights of the warm afternoon. My skin absorbing the light and warmth, comforting my very being. See, it's summer that makes me realize the greatness in life, full of wonder and always filled with possibilities.

It was my cousin's birthday party, and him, his friends and I were all lying down on a water trampoline in the middle of a lake. There was no one else on the lake and the water was rippling just slightly. My cousin and I looked up at the sky and pointed out clouds we thought looked like animals. It was really a sight to see. :)