Dear Diary, | Teen Ink

Dear Diary,

By hiddenbird122 SILVER, West Babylon, New York
hiddenbird122 SILVER, West Babylon, New York

"A real friend is one who walks in, when the rest of the world walks out."

-Walter Winchell

My parents gave you to me today for my birthday. So, welcome to my family? I guess. I'm not that good at this, you know, talking to new people. I know, stupid, right? You're not even a person! But I still find it hard to open up. All I can do is try! So here we go. My name is Mona. I'm 14, in 9th grade, and a little freaked out by high school. But of course, I'll be the new kid, once again! I should probably be used to it by now. My dad's a biologist, and he is constantly being relocated. I thought promotions were supposed to make your life better? But anyway, he promised (like he always does) that this time would be different, and we would stay here, in Texas, for my whole 4 years of high school. Let's see how long THAT works out. But anyway, I'm managing. Tomorrow's my first day of freshman year, and I wonder who I'll meet. Maybe I'll meet someone like Carla, my best friend from Utah! Or maybe someone like Anton, my old boyfriend from Russia. Hmmm, maybe I might actually make it here. I do already have a friend. You. I'll call you....Kat. You know, I think things will be different here. It wasn't even that hard to open up to you! Now, as long as I can do that at school! Until next time....

-Mona

I'm kind of like Mona. I'm going into high school, shy around new people, and unsure of what the next day will hold. So it was like writing in my own diary! (Except we don't get reloacted alot)

-Walter Winchell

thanks! 

blackknight SILVER, West Babylon, New York

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

I liked this story a lot actually. It made me smile throughout it because it made me feel like you were talking to a person, yet the constant reminder that it is a diary.

-Walter Winchell

have you read Mockingjay yet? i didn't like it : /

BaileyBaby13 BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington
i know me too, I'm really worried..haha,(:

-Walter Winchell

thanks! and no, I didn't get it yet. But I can't wait ! I want to see what happened to District 12  and 13. lol

This was so well-worded, and relatable. I really liked it. 5 stars! PS; did you already get Mockingjay? I pre-ordered it so I should get it around the end of August. Though I will barely be able to wait, I'm sooo excited :D