Mel's Story, Part IV | Teen Ink

Mel's Story, Part IV

By Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida
Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida

I looked into her small sticky eyes for the first time, felt her tight, tiny hand around just my ring finger, and my heart exploded. The bits of my heart floated up my chest and then out of my eyes, heavy tears of happiness convincing me that she was all I'd ever need.
Her skin was a painful reddish purple but I could already see her tan and smiling into the sun, a wealth of brown curls falling down the back of her cotton sundress as we plant tomatoes and cucumbers and bell peppers. She'd smile into the sky, absolutely joyful just to be living, to be. I'll teach her all about how the seeds grow and why we have to wait for them to be ready to eat. I'll tell her lots of fairy-tales instead of the specifics. Like how when a Borrower takes something of yours you have to write an itty bitty note asking for it back, otherwise they'll be insulted if you use human sized paper.
I'll tell her all of the vegetables are just shy when they're seeds. That she'll have to sing to them and tell them all of her deepest, gooiest secrets and dreams. Only then will their little ears reach up, up, up out of the ground to hear her songs even better.
That's what I'll tell her.

Ezra is Born.

J1029 SILVER said...
J1029 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

Sing like no one is listening,
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt and
Live like it's heaven on earth.

- Mark Twain

So good keep writing :)

Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida
haha I just read all of your comments in succession, thank you SO much! I'm really glad you can feel what I've put into the story, and can connect with it on such a personal level. :) Hopefully soon I'll have more to add!

Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida

awesomeaugust GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground"
~Theordore Roosevelt

I think I'm in love with this story...

I don't know what else to say

a_essie BRONZE said...
a_essie BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

Fairy Tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. --G.K. Chesteron

I'm in love with your writing! You are sooo talented! You should submit what you have under the 'novel' category on here. Please keep writing!

Icy96 PLATINUM said...
Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois

Horace Mann: “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”

This is excellent, wonderful job. You should find a publisher, you've got real talent.