Angry Love | Teen Ink

Angry Love

By SaijLorelei SILVER, El Paso, Texas
SaijLorelei SILVER, El Paso, Texas

"I love you," he said angrily.
"I hate you," she said cheerfully.
Another fight.
Sheila had married him simply for convenience; being with child makes that happen sometimes. The baby is almost out of the house now and she is looking towards divorce. Sheila loved that his love was unreturned and often tried to pick fights so they could say these things to each other. He tried his best to prove to her that somehow she did love him back but her cheerful "I hate you"s always ended the conversation. So proud of her hate. It was the affirmation that even after all these years, she still didn't love him- wouldn't love him. The only time her tone changed was the moment the blade pushed into her stomach.
The last fight.
"I love you!" he said angrily.
"I hate you!" she screamed.

Prompted from Creative Writing class

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

Woah...lol. That's brilliant. I love how the picture goes with the story. Awesome topic. :D

Please check out some of my work if you have the time, and leave a comment if possible! :)