Colorfully Blank | Teen Ink

Colorfully Blank

By PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

That cursed white paper mocked me from where it sat on my desk. Can't think of an idea? it seemed to be asking sarcastically. Can't think, period?

I was trying to think of an idea for my research project, but a different story was calling my name. Images of angels, demons, and magic flashed erratically through my mind, longing to be put down on paper. Scenes of kings and queens, mystery, and flying in the sky danced in circles around my head, playing tauntingly over and over, demanding my attention. Adventure was waiting, so close I could touch it. I wanted to. I wanted to take it and run with it, just letting the story unfold.

But I had to focus, as the glaringly blank paper in front of me attested. The research project wasn't going to wait. It was the first priority, yet imagination wouldn't rest. Sighing, I picked up my pencil. And I began to write.

I never really get writer's block, but sometimes a story is so clear in my head that I have a hard time concentrating on the "real world." When anyone asks, I just tell them my imaginary friends are yelling at me.

SunnySummers GOLD, New York, New York

This was good. =D

And by the way, Puss, Nacho and I are starting back up with the thread called my new character. We thought we'd invite you back, too.

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

Gasp!! this was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome work, the ending is greatt

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

It fits.... Hey, did you submit anytin' yet? If you did, don't worry about it taking FOREVER to post it. It takes a while. =)

AliceForever BRONZE, Someplace, Wisconsin

"Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic."- Stephen Colbert

"YOU CAN'T STOP THIS TRAIN!" My friend and illustrator, CK

Nah...I like Alice too much... ;)

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Thanks! :)

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Short, yet deep and very descriptive. It tells a lot in so few words. Well done!

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Not really. Do you?

Do you want me to change it?

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Yer welcome. :) Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't EmbryForever or something. :)

Thank you.

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're really on? Really? I finally got to you! nah nah nah nah nah!!!! xP Nice name, by the way.

Oh, and thanks for commenting! xD

Wow. I never knew you could be so deep. Anyway, great piece. (And by the way, I'm finally on!)

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Yeah, it sucks. Totally and completely. ;) Thanks for commenting!

Imaginedangerous PLATINUM, Riverton, Utah
What I hate is when you get writer's block on a school assignment... normal writers block is just boring, but on an essay or something your grade is at stake. Grr...

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

No, it's not. *sigh*

mommybear said...
I guess you could say duty before pleasure isn't very fun hey bear????