When it's gone Your world can't stop. Chapters 6-7 | Teen Ink

When it's gone Your world can't stop. Chapters 6-7

November 7, 2010
By Escapethefate GOLD, GT, Maryland
Escapethefate GOLD, GT, Maryland
12 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't regret life,
Live life.


“That sounds cool. Then I guess I’ll meet you in front of CVS in about 10 minutes?” I asked him.
“Ayt, cool. See you in 10 minutes.” He said with a smile in his voice.
“Okay bye” I said and we both hung up. This was my first conversation with Chris and there were no embarrassing moments with him! Yes! I got up and walked over to the kitchen. I found my dad in the kitchen making a turkey sandwich.
“I’m gonna go to CVS to meet with some friends from school.” I told him.
“Okay, but who are you going to meet?” he asked.
“Just some friends dad.” I said walking out of the kitchen. “I’ll call you later! I won’t be late!” I yelled.
“Okay.” He yelled back.
I walked over to my converse near the door and put them on. I grabbed my phone and left. I was really nervous while I walked over to CVS because I had no idea what was going to happen with Chris. I got there in 5 minutes and I found Chris standing there leaning against the side wall listening to his I-pod. I walked towards him but he didn’t really notice me. He was nodding his head up and down to the beat of the song he was listening to. I walked closer to him and then he tilted his head my way finally noticing me. He took off the earphones from his ear.
“Oh hey, sorry I didn’t see you there!” he said smiling.
“It’s okay! So where are we gonna go?” I asked him.
“Where ever you want to.” He said.
“Umm, we could go around houses near my neighborhood and chill for a little bit.” I said to him.
“Okay, that sounds okay.” He said. We walked across the CVS parking lot onto the sidewalk I came from. It was pretty silent for the beginning and Chris wasn’t even listening to his I-pod. He looked at me while we were walking, and I looked at him too. He smiled and I smiled back. We both laughed.
“So, uh how was your day?” he asked me.
“It was boring as usual.” I said smiling.
“Aah, yes the usual. So you know Lauren Martins?” he asked me.
“Oh, yea.” I said. Lauren was this stuck up girl that always likes to hang out with the popular people but she never really understood that she wasn’t cute nor popular… at all.
“I was sitting down with the boys at lunch and she came over to our table and sat down next to her brother Reese. Then she started hitting on me asking me about where I am from and crap and wow she’s such a flirt.” He said.
“Oh, well that’s pretty stupid.” I said.
“Yea, she was so stupid. But you know, it’s really hard for girls to resist me.” He said smirking at me.
“Oh please.” I said sarcastically.
“You know it’s true.” He said smiling at me.
“Ha, in your dreams buddy.” I said grinning. We were already sitting down next to a hill near a bunch of houses across the street of my house.
“You know you love me.” He said laughing.
“You have good jokes.” I said.
“Well, excuse me!” he said. “I never knew you were so mean Ms. Smart A**.”
“Well, now you’ve met me, Mr. DumbA**.” I said smiling.
“Well, now you’re saying that we’re married since “a**” is the same last name for both of us.”
“HAHAHA! Keep on dreaming honey.” I said teasing him.
“I guess I will.” He said looking up at the pretty sky.
“Yea you do that and I’m just gonna lie down and look up at the sky.” I said lying down. Chris joined me and lied down too.
“I guess I will too.” He said. We laid there for about 2 minutes in silence looking up at the sky.
“Hey look that one looks like a hippo!” I said pointing up at the sky.
“Oh, that’s true! Hey that one to its right looks like a bird…oh wait that is a bird.” He said laughing. I laughed out loud.
“Haha you’re really funny Chris.” I said smiling.
“I know, I know.” He said smiling back. Silence came back again. Then something really funny happened.
“Hey that looks like a heart.” We both said at the same time as we both pointed in the same place with our hands brushing passed each other’s. We looked at each other. Then we burst out laughing and laughing. We sat there on the hill until the sunset came around. It was really beautiful so I sat up to fully look at it. After a while Chris joined me and started looking at it too. The sun was a mixture of orange, red, pink, yellow and purple.
“It’s really pretty.” I said.
“Yea, just like you.” Chris said smiling at me. Oh my god, I can’t believe he just said that.
“Aw, thanks.” I said smiling back.
“Well, the truth’s the truth.” He said. We sat there for a little while in silence.
“Hey, I think I should get going because my dad might start worrying over nothing.” I said smirking.
“Alright lemme walk you home then.” He said generously.
“No way, you need to get home before dark. I don’t want anything… to happen…to you.” I said blushing.
“No, I don’t want anything to happen to you Caroline.” He said looking into my eyes.
“I know but I think its best because my house is closer to here than your house is so I can walk by myself.” I said. “Not that I don’t want you’re company” I thought to myself.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes of course.” I said smiling. “Do you know where to go?” I asked him.
“Oh yea, I just have to keep walking and turn left right?” he asked.
“Yup! You got it!” I said smiling. We stood there looking at each other for a moment.
“Um… so I guess I’ll see you around.” He said looking into my eyes again.
“Umm, yea… I will.” I said looking into his eyes. Then we each turned around ourselves and walked away from each other. It took about 5 minutes for me to get home. I walked through the door.
“I’M HOME!” I yelled.
“OKAY!” My dad yelled back. I ran into the living room and found my sister reading a book called “You’re my life, Am I yours?”
“HI!” I yelled at her. She twitched a little because I scared her.
“WHAT! YOU SCARED ME!” she yelled.
“Sorry, but we need to talk.”
Chapter 7
So I dragged my sister in my room and I told her everything.
“Okay, talk.” She said.
“So, I like this boy named Chris and I met him when he got lost one day with his friend Matt so I had to tell him where CVS was because he had no idea where he was. Ever since then we’ve been talking a lot and acting just like friends…sometimes.”
“What do you mean by ‘sometimes’?” she asked me putting quotation marks in mid-air when she said the word sometimes.
“I mean, sometimes we have our awkward moments where we stare into each other’s eyes and just sit there looking at each other for a moment that feels like forever to me.” I said passionately.
“Well, you got yourself something here Carry.” She said smiling at me.
“So, what should I do?” I asked her. My sister has gone through so many things just like this and most of the times she’s regretted it, but I just couldn’t let go of this and I wanted to keep going.
“Well, you know that I think relationships really suck but you might just have a teeny weenie chance at this without making it fall apart.” She said.
“Okay, so what do I do?”
“For now, you have to just keep being friends and see where it takes you for about…the next week. Plus on top of everything, in 2 weeks there’s the Fall dance, at our school so…I think you know where I’m going with this…” she said while a smile stirred up on her face. That’s when I started jumping up and down over and over again and I just couldn’t stop. My dad walked in, in the middle of my excitement and looked at me suspiciously.
“So what’s going on now?” he asked sitting down next to my sister on my bed. I looked at my sister to see if I should tell him. She nodded.
“I HAVE A CRUSH ON THIS GUY NAMED CHRIS AND I MET HIM WHEN HE GOT LOST….” And I told him the rest of the story just like I told my sister.
“Well… I’m glad you got your mind off of things. It’s a good thing you have your sister, because I have no idea what to tell you about boys since I’m a boy myself.” He said chuckling and walking out of the room. I looked at my sister. Then I continued my exciting moment and spazzed out over and over again. When I was finished I didn’t even notice that my sister had already left the room and I was a lone jumping to myself.
I got really tired from jumping so much, so I walked over to the kitchen and had a bowl of cereal before heading to bed. My favorite cereal was frosted flakes because “They’re Grrreat!” I just made myself laugh over something really stupid. When I was finished eating my bowl of cereal, I went upstairs to my room and changed into my PJ’s. My dad came inside my room and kissed me goodnight. I slipped into my covers and fell asleep the moment I hit my pillow.
************************************

I was sitting in first period English class listening to my boring teacher talk about Shakespeare. I was this close to falling asleep when my teacher yelled at me.
“CAROLINE MATHIS, PUT YOUR HEAD UP!” she yelled.
“Huh… oh sorry.” I said sitting up slowly. The rest of the class laughed including Chris and his friends until my teacher gave them the dead stare and they stopped. When our teacher, Ms. Mackens looks at people in a scary way with her eyes wide open and no sense of smile on her face, then you know she’s not happy. Nothing really happened in history today so 2nd, 3rd and 4th period pretty much just moved on slowly like every day. Lunch was the most entertaining part of the day, if there was any entertainment at all. Today was sort of okay since I sat down next to Martha and a bunch of other 10th grade girls. We just ate our burgers and talked about why we had to go to school. There were so many reasons why we have to go to school and so many reasons why we don’t. Life was just not fair.
Over the next few days, Chris and I always talked to each other like friends but we still had our awkward romantic moments.


The author's comments:
This is the next part of my story. Finishing up chapter 6 and then stopping in the middle of chapter 7. Thanks :)