A new home | Teen Ink

A new home

December 14, 2010
By JaCkeYchan SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
JaCkeYchan SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't need easy. I just need possible"


(TO ME, THIS IS A PIECE OF FICTION, THOSE READING IT, MIGHT BE TRUE)

The scariest thing that I ever saw was when I came home from school got a call from my friend, saying something happened and they needed to be picked up. The first thought that went through my mind was, oh no, they’re hurt. They were my sister’s best friend, and I cared for her, even though she was two grades higher than me.
I relayed the information to Mom, and we hopped in the car. Twenty minutes later, I spotted Katy lying on her suitcase. If she was fine, then did she call to be picked up? Was it a decoy? As I looked around, I noticed why she had called. It was no decoy. Her house displayed of charred ruins or charred black ash with the walls seeping over as if collapsing. I didn’t know what to say, other than “I ’m so sorry, what can we do?” Katy lay there weeping on her suitcase, and I couldn’t blame her. The home in which she had grown up in, was now buried beneath the soil of the earth, and with her parents gone, we took her in, in hopes that although she may never have an opportunity, she could still have a home, and have a normal life. Despite having a new home, Katy could not help but feel that something much bigger would begin to unfold that would change our destiny.