Stood Up | Teen Ink

Stood Up

By Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other

"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

Finally it's today. It feels like i have been waiting a century. I have been watching the clock all day and now it's finally time to get ready (yey). I better just have a quick shower so i have plenty time to dry and straiten my hair. My hair always goes so frizzy it's a nightmare getting it strait.
It takes me about half an hour getting the right out fit together but even then i need to change my top.
One more quick retouch of make-up. I stand back and look at the finished article in my mirror.
"your way too early just sit and chill out."
"Chill out? how can i chill out? The butterflies in my stomach have never been so crazy."
I find it really hard to sit still I've looked forward to this for so long.
Yey it's finally time for me to catch my bus.
As i sit in my questionably comfy seat my mind whorls with the worst scenario's. Oh no traffic is heavy i hope i make it. I hope she remembers the tickets.Did i charge my camera enough.
There's my stop (eeep) i can hardly contain my self.
OK I'm five minutes late but it's OK she is probably there waiting and the doors have only just opened.
OK she said she would be next to the T-shirt stand. Well maybe she is late too. I just need to calm down. Those t-shirts are way too over priced.

The support act is on in five minuets and i sort of wanted to see them too. I'll give her a ring she probably thought i would get her the bus stop. She is such a scatter brain, well now I'm not getting her the pricey t-shirt (hehe).
ring,ring
"You better get your butt over here before the band comes on or i will never forgive you," i say half joking half not.
"oh i meant to text you. My boyfriend wanted to introduce me to his mates. I cant go tonight."
"Can't you just tell him no.He isn't the one who is here for one night only. If you leave now you can make it for the main act."
"No i can't. Come on you understand."
"No i don't understand we had this planed for months. I payed for half your ticket. In fact you can get down here and give me the tickets and my money."
"No i cant. It's only a stupid band. Get over it your being a stupid, selfish child. Look i will see you Monday Okay bye."

Well that just great! i don't even have the money to get another ticket ether.

I stand waiting for another bus to take me a long and slow road home. And in the rain, with my hair frizzing up again, I see my reflection in a widow. I have never seen my self look like that. I think it was hurt mixing with rage and bubbling up in side me.

What a crappy night.

This story is mostly true. Btw my friend who is no longer my best friend got dumped bye her boy friend the next week. The band we were meant to see was important for a number of reasons. And i think being stood up by your best friend is worse than being stood up by any boy/girl friend.

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

Really great work  keep it up  i really liked this  could you please check out and comment on my story Numb.  I would really appreciate the feedback