This Is Why It's Called Forbidden Fruit | Teen Ink

This Is Why It's Called Forbidden Fruit

By blackrabbit GOLD, Norfolk, Virginia
blackrabbit GOLD, Norfolk, Virginia

"Let it Go"

"I don't hate you Cindy."
"Then why do you keep torturing me like this?"
"I.. I don't know.."
"You enjoy me in pain huh? Laugh at my misery."
"That's not true! I swear"
"THEN TELL ME WHY! Why every day I come home you have a new girl on the couch, why every time I see you there's always a sl*t around your arm?! You say you don't hate me but you don't act like you love me!"
"YOU KNOW WHY CINDY! Ever since you hooked up with that disgusting lowlife, I just don't know...what..to do."
"I told you Michael, I've told you over and over, I didn't mean to kiss him!"
"But you did."
"So that gives you every right to continuously break my heart?"
"No.. I-"
"That gives you the right, to keep hurting me? Michael you won't even talk to me anymore. Why won't you listen to me? I've only loved you. We've gone through so much trouble to be together, going behind your mom's and my dad's back. We are step siblings Michael we shouldn't even be dating yet you're willing to through it all away without a second thought because some guy forced himself onto me! I didn't want it Michael I didn't want it! He hurt me.. And now you are hurting me too."
"...I...Cindy...I didn't know.."
"Of course you didn't, you never took the time to even listen.. I'm not your first girlfriend Michael, I don't want you to be in pain. But you didn't even hear me out, try to tell my side."
"..Cindy, I'm so sorry. I love you so much..."
"Doesn't appear that way.."

The silence in the room danced around them. It leapt across their faces and down their bodies touching their toes and then back up again. It was so thick, and suffocating. For Michael cutting it was hard, but cut it he did.

"Then I guess we shouldn't be together."
"What Michael?"
"You're right, step siblings shouldn't be this way, it's probably illegal anyways,"
"But Michael-"
"I don't want to hurt you anymore. I know this is stressing you out, its getting to me too. I love you, but I think we should let go."
"No, Michael I love you. Please, We can work through this. Don't joke around, don't break my heart."
"I.. I don't know what else to do Cindy. I can't hurt you anymore."
"Then don't!"
"HOW?! WHEN EVERYTHING WE ARE DOING JUST CAUSES YOU TO CRY SO MUCH? EVERY NIGHT CINDY! EVERY NIGHT i LISTEN TO YOUR SOBBING! Cindy...I.. just want to give you the world..I just want you to be happy. Being with me, it only hurts you more"
"Michael... I just want you..."
"We can't do this anymore."
"Please, if you want to make me happy, don't do this to me.."
"Cindy, please,don't cry."
"How can you tell me not cry Michael! You're breaking my heart!"
"I HAVE TO!"
"No. You don't have to do anything.."
"Yes. This way I can protect you.. from me.."
"Michael, please don't leave me here alone. I don't want to be alone anymore. I found you and now you're leaving so fast."
"Cindy... I have to go."
"Michael..."

He began to walk towards the door. With every step he took moving farther from her, it killed him. It killed him to leave Cindy in so much pain, but how else would he get those girls at school off her case, or let her breathe at home. He wasn't good for her. She was his heroin and for her sake he has to stop cold turkey. Step. Step. Step.

"Don't open the door."
"..."
"Don't leave me here..."
"..."
"Please... don't you love me?"
"..."
"Michael?"
"Goodbye Cindy."

The shutting of the door never sounded so brutal to her, so harsh or shattering, even when she heard her parents fighting right before they got a divorce. No, nothing would ever be the same. So she would just lie there, on the floor. The ground was so soft...

"I'll just curl up here for a while."

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

very interesting peice keep it up i really liked this  could you please check out and comment on my story Numb.  i would really appreciate the feedback