Grape Popsicles | Teen Ink

Grape Popsicles

By TheBananaKing SILVER, Convoy, Ohio
TheBananaKing SILVER, Convoy, Ohio

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.-???

I laid in the grass with the cool wind blowing over me and the sun beating down, making me hot. I listened to the birds chirp the wind ruffle the leaves in the trees towering over everything in site. I laid there relaxed with my eyes shut. It was finally over. School had ended, no more bullies, no more homework, and no more school lunches.
I had on my favorite shirt, a gray and red Simple Plan T, and a pair of purple short shorts. My feet were freed from the converse I were wearing earlier.My dirty blond hair was blowing in the gentle wind.
Behind my head the crisp grass was being crunched as my friend Jacob walked back up to me from his house.
"hey girly!! You didn't run away!" he said smiling. Showing a perfectly strate row of white teeth.
He sat beside me as I propped myself on an elbow enjoying the warm weather. I admired his short brown hair and his dark green eyes as he settled into the grass. He handed me a grape Popsicle, my favorite flavor. He had gotten a grape one too for some reason, I knew that he didn't enjoy grape so this was strange.
"I though you hated grape?" I laughed.
He coked his head and smiled a crooked smile at me. Then turned his attention back to the swaying trees.
"somethings change." he whispered.
I didn't fully understand what he meant, but as long as he was happy.
We sat and talked for a while about what we where gonna do over the summer. We both enjoyed our Popsicles so much we had them gone before we got off the school topic. But that Jacob, Grape Popsicle thing was still bugging me.
"Ok Jacob. Tell me the truth. Why'd you get a grape Popsicle. You've hated grape anything sense we where 5. Why the sudden change." I asked poking his chest.
He quietly chuckled before sighing. "Its a stupid reason Cassie."
I grabbed his shoulders and stared him in the eye. "How many stupid reasons have I shared with you?" I asked
We laughed.
"Well. Friday, you and Maddi were talking and you said 'You'd love anyone who loved grape as much as you do." He said with a timid smile.
I stared at Jacob for a few seconds then smiled. I grabbed his face in my hands.
"Jacob. You don't have to love grape to get me to love you. You won me over in 7th grade." I smiled.
He stared at me then a giant smile grew on his face too. He slipped my hands from his face and pulled me into a hug.
"Cassie, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.
I looked at him with a smile on my face. Bigger than any smile I had ever smiled before.
"Yes. Jacob I would love to be your girlfriend." I said hugging him tightly.
Then out of no where He shot up bringing me with him.
"lets go get another Popsicle!" he said taking my hand.
"Can I have another grape one?" I asked being silly.
"Why not. I Think I'll have one too." He said laughing.
We walked back to his house hand in hand. Thank god for Grape Popsicles. :)

I was eating a grape popsicle before I wrote this :3