Untouched | Teen Ink

Untouched

By vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other
vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

I slept in castles and fell in love because I was taught to dream. ♥

Running at top speed down the silver-tiled floor, a 1-and-a-half-year-old girl smashed herself against the round glass coffee table, knocking it over and shattering in pieces, right there and then at that moment. Being too excited about just learning how to walk, the little girl decided to go for it, running clumsily down the narrow hallway and knocking over the glass that sat on the table. Of course, the little body that smashed itself upon the hard glass was knocked to the ground herself. She lay there on the floor that was covered with broken, not to mention sharp, glass pieces. Not only was she surrounded by the pieces, but also on top of them. Her parents stared at their baby girl in shock and disbelief. A horrified look swept over their faces and they both became very, very pale. Terrifying thoughts and guilty questions came to her parents’ minds. ‘How bad did the glass pieces cut her? Did she pass out? Why did she have to learn how to walk in the first place? coulddn’t have we been watching her?’ The little girl herself lay there motionless on the ground, feeling shocked and terrified about what just happened. Her father finally got his mind together after the loud incident and ran to his daughter, flinging his arms around her to pick her up, expecting her to be covered with cuts from the glass. After being safe in his hands, the new family was shaking and quivering from what just happened. Her parents both inspected the daughter, bracing themselves for the sight of cuts and glass on their baby girl’s body. Looking at her, she was perfectly fine; no cuts, not glass on her, no nothing. Her parents stared at each other in disbelief. They both looked at the girl again, this time closely, running their hands on the girl’s small leg and arm, waiting for her to shriek in pain when they hit where glass was- nothing. Yep, the little girl was left unharmed and untouched by an incident that could have hurt her new young body. Surely, without a doubt,someone out there was watching for this young, senseless, little girl who could have been harmed, cut, and scarred.