A Dream of Reality | Teen Ink

A Dream of Reality

By JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other

I stand there solemnly, watching as the jaws of life tear open the car door. Her body lays broken and bruised as she is carried to the ambulance. My heart stops for a while, my breathing is scarce. I force my body to move, even a finger, but I’m paralyzed from the sight of the crushed red sunfire that just moments ago help my sister’s lifeless body.

I hear voices; people are talking to me. I can’t make out the faces standing in front of me, nor the words coming from their mouths. I just stare down the road as the ambulance speeds away.

Too scared to cry, too sad to speak; I just stare in the distance, hoping she’ll be okay…

I awake, my pillow soaked with tears.

I try to catch my breath, but it seems as if there’s no more oxygen in my room. I lay in bed, trying to piece it all together in my mind. Why now, after 13 years, would I be dreaming her death again? It still hurts even to think her name…

This is actually a true story, I just feel it fits better under fiction.. A few nights ago I had a dream about my sister, who died when I was a child. For 13 years, I've been dreaming about her, but never this.. I've never seen her death before, so when I woke up from this dream I felt the urge to write it down.

RIP Tonia, you were the best sister a girl could ever ask for <3