Last Friday Night | Teen Ink

Last Friday Night

November 3, 2011
By sbarton123 SILVER, AuSable Forks, New York
sbarton123 SILVER, AuSable Forks, New York
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"when people see your gravestone, they dont look at the dates the look at the dash inbetween." -unknown


It was a dark and stormy night. I was at the party of the year when everything went terribly wrong. Cody was throwing the party. Since his parents were gone and it was senior year he thought it would be an awesome idea.
I pulled up to his house, and I couldn’t believe what I saw. His house was huge. I went inside and he gave me a tour since I was the first person there. The house had four floors, a game room, a theatre room, and an outdoor pool.
Before I knew it, I had a few drinks in my system, and I was now taking Jell-O shots with two of the best looking girls there on each side of me. I was having the time of my life. That’s when everything changed for the worst.
I vaguely remember the rest of that night. I do remember this: I made a huge mistake. I was taking the Jell-O shots when I decided it would be fun to jump off the balcony of Cody’s room into the pool. That was the dumbest idea I think I’ve ever made. I do remember that before I jumped I was hitting on some chick. I still to this day don’t remember her name but, she was wearing a red shirt that was torn across the stomach and a black mini skirt. I was trying to get her to jump with me. She wouldn’t and warned me it was a stupid idea, but I jumped anyway. I nailed it and everyone was raving about it. So, I went up to jump again. I miscalculated my jump this time and landed on the pavement instead. I don’t remember the pain I was in, but I remember seeing the paramedics. They were talking, and I thought I heard them say I was dead on impact.

Dead on impact?! That can’t be! I'm still alive! I can’t be dead! I’m only seventeen! I’m supposed to go on a date with Alyssa tomorrow! This is just a nightmare! I just have to wake myself up! I’m still alive. Aren’t I? This was too much to take in all at once.
I later understood when my parents came to identify me as their son in the morgue, that I was in fact dead. I looked over my body wondering why I did such a stupid thing. You could still see that my eyes were slightly bloodshot, and I reeked of alcohol. My clothes were still soggy from the first jump. I had my whole life in front of me, and I blew it. My life was over. I would be forgotten in a few months. I would now be known as the kid who got drunk and died.