Stereo Cheerleader | Teen Ink

Stereo Cheerleader

December 11, 2011
By SmartTart SILVER, Beth;ehem, Pennsylvania
SmartTart SILVER, Beth;ehem, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stand for what you believe in even if it means you stand alone.


School started again. Sophmore year everything seems perfect. Coming in as a Varsity cheerleader. Not that it's that important. My thoughts scrambled. I know this year is going to be great. I can feel it.

"Class, today we have a new student. His name is Daniel." The boy walked in as if he owned the world. He looked around the class like he could care less. As if he's been through so much that nothing mattered.
"New kid is cute." My friend Jessie whispered. He had blazing green eyes. If looks could kill, Well we'd be dead. He was tall, slightly built , but was very handsome.
"Sandra, You're going to be his helper. Show him around the school."The boy looked at me.
"I ain't need no chick's help. I'm fine." He eyed while talking to the teacher.
"Who said the chick wanted to help?" I said as he sat next to me.
As the class continued I felt the new kid's stare. At first I tried to avoid it.
"Why are you staring at me?"I whispered irritated.
"I'm not, I'm looking at the clock." He sounded like I made no sense.
"Oh." I felt ashamed like I blamed someone who was innocent.


The bell rang and I had to help this kid to his class.
"Listen I know that you don't want to help me. Ms.Cheerleader." He said.
"How you know I was a Cheerleader?"I asked surprised he had guessed.
"You act like a classic stereo type."He then walked in class ahead of me without letting me say a word.
All of that period, I was thinking of what he said. What he meant. How am I a stereo type?

The rest of the day I helped him around he didn't talk to me other than to say hi or what direction. Then lunch came and he didn't even need my help. I sat in the tables with my friends and we just laughed and had fun. When one of my friends pointed out.
"That cute new guy is alone."Sheila announced.
"He deserves it."Brittany replied.
"Why? He's not that bad. Honestly he's pretty cool."My anger started rising. I guess this is my time to prove that I am not a Stereo cheerleader. I picked my tray up and headed to his table.
"What are you doing?" he asked looking up to see me there.
"Not being a stereo cheerleader." I smiled and we ate lunch in silence with people staring at us the whole time.


The author's comments:
People forget "What goes around comes around."