A Beautiful Life | Teen Ink

A Beautiful Life

By Brit.B34 BRONZE, Elbert, Colorado
Brit.B34 BRONZE, Elbert, Colorado

\\\"Wherever you go, go with all your heart\\\"

I’ve made a lot mistakes in my life. I’ve said and done things I’d give anything to take back. I’ve hurt and pushed away the people who loved me the most. I quit things that I shouldn’t have and won games I should have never played. I’ve done what I thought was right only to discover I made the wrong choice because I was so blinded by my own selfish reasons. I’ve been given second chances, some I deserved some I didn’t. But in the end it somehow led me here, right where I’m supposed to be.

And throughout my journey I’ve done amazing things, ordinary to many, but extraordinary to me. I’ve felt the sun upon my face one last time before it finally set. I’ve held a new born baby girl and pulled her close to my skin, comforting her before she started a journey in this scary and beautiful world. I’ve loved with all my heart, and I gave all I could until there was nothing left to give. I’ve ran in the pouring rain, and it felt like freedom on my skin. I’ve met incredible people, and I can only hope I touched their hearts as much as they touched mine. I remember crying tears that I never thought would end , tears that as they hit the ground, felt as if my heart was breaking more and more with every drop. But I’ve also laughed like there was no tomorrow, and in that single moment nothing else mattered.

I’ve discovered in my time on this earth that my life was just as normal as anyone else’s, and as I leave this place I remember simple things that didn’t seem important back then like the gentle touch of my mother that soothed me all those years of childhood, the smell of my grandfather: dull smoke and after shave, or the laughter of my brother a melody that will soon fade I’ll miss these the most. More than the money, and the goals none of that matters anymore. This perfect person I’ve tried so hard to be, someone who always knows what to do and who to be doesn’t matter. I realize now that I’ve found peace in every corner, and every broken bridge I came across I somehow was able to cross. And as I take my last breathes tears are swelling in my eyes because I have no more time and I’m going to miss all of this so much . But then all of a sudden I feel calm and content as I take my last breathe. It’s really nothing I should have ever feared because I realize now I’m finally coming home.

I wrote this because I hope some day when my time on this earth is almost over, I want to look back on my life and smile...

AbigailPalmer BRONZE, London, Other

"sometimes you wake up, sometimes the fall kills you, and sometimes, when you fall, you fly"

~ Neil Gaiman

Awesome and well-written! I liked it :)

hannah.runkle, Peyton, Colorado
This is amazing and so haunting at the same time