The One | Teen Ink

The One

By WastedAway BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
WastedAway BRONZE, Andover, Ohio

"There's no fear in a shallow heart because shallow hearts don't fall apart" - Tupac

Lust.
Who knew it could change into something so intense?
So surreal?

She was a new student at a high school. New friends. New rank. New everything. Seems like the dream, right? Not for her. She wanted the boy she could never get. She didn't think he ever laid eyes on her. She thought she was just another pebble in the stones. Unnoticed. But guess what? He watched her every day. She never left his mind. He wanted her. He wanted her to be his and his only. He wanted her before someone else got her. But no girl like her would like a guy like him. She seemed to good to be true. He seemed to good to be true. It was anything but reality. She waited. He waited. They had no idea about their feelings for each other. Months went by. Her friends figured out it was him that she liked. They encouraged her to talk to him. His friends found out he liked her. They made fun of him and said he could do better. He didn't care. He made it his main goal. To get the girl he wanted. The way she walked. Her voice. Her laugh. Her smile. Her eyes. Everything appealed to him. She was so shy. She didn't know how to talk to him. Didn't know what to say. The way he walked. His voice. His laugh. His smile. His eyes. Everything appealed to her. She was walking in the hallway at school. She accidentally ran into him. Her heart sank. His heart sank. He helped her pick up her things and said it was no problem. She was blushing a light shade of pink and continued on her way. She was so embarrassed. She couldn't believe she did that. He was so happy she ran into him. He wasn't as shy as he was before. He had confidence. For once. She didn't wanna see him for another good week. He met her by her locker. She didn't make much eye contact. She was so nervous. He asked her to go to the park with him after school. He was planning to finally tell her how he felt. She couldn't believe it. Of course she accepted. They made it to the park. He immediately put his arms around her and held her. He poured his heart out. He revealed everything. Everything. She started to tear up. Her face buried in his chest. She looked up at him. She smiled and he smiled back. Without thinking she kissed him. He kissed back. His heart was racing. His nerves were going. She couldn't help but smile. She was blushing. Her heart pounding. Boom. Ba boom. Boom. It was a dream. A never ending dream. He was in heaven. Nothing was better than this. He asked her to be his. She accepted. She thought they were rushing it but she didn't care. She had what she wanted and so did he. They went steady for about a year and a half. He thought it was time to give her his all. He hasn't ever had this strong of a feeling for a girl. He knew she was the one. She knew he was the one. She didn't question why she shouldn't give him everything. She understood. He had to sneak up to her window one night. Her parents couldn't find out. They had to be as quiet as possible. He promised he wouldn't hurt her. She made him hold her hand through it all. So he did. They gave each other everything. Everything felt so right. So right. The next morning she was terribly ill. She was vomiting like crazy. She eventually stopped. She just figured it was the flu or something, since it was going around school. He assured her that it was the flu. He knew it wasn't. He knew he did something wrong. He ruined her life. Ruined it. He didn't let it show. He acted as if he didn't know anything. A few months down the road she started to gain weight. She knew it wasn't normal. She paid a visit to the doctor and the doctor confirmed it. She was pregnant. Pregnant. She couldn't process it. Her world was swirling down the drain. He didn't really react. He told her he'd be there for her through thick and thin. He meant it. He would never leave the girl he loved. No matter what it was. The problem now, was to tell their parents. How. How would they tell them? They didn't. She ran away. She left a note for her parents and assured them it was the right thing for all of them. He said he'd get a job and support his family. He'd do the best he could. In no time the due date was coming. Faster than anything. They were so excited. So delighted. They were going to have a baby boy. She was having very painful contractions. Her water broke. She was so happy. Her little boy. She's bringing him into this beautiful yet crumbling world. He was nervous. Little did they know. She wasn't fit enough for a child birth. She couldn't do it. Literally. No one knew it. She made him hold her hand and promise to never let go until it was over. Until she had her baby boy in her arms. She was in excruciating pain. She didn't show any weakness. She started losing her grip on his hand. She felt light headed. She didn't know if this was normal. He didn't know what was going on. He gripped her hand tighter. She said she loved him. Her hand fell limp. She stopped breathing. Her pulse was gone. She was gone. The nurses couldn't save her. They needed to save the baby's life. His eyes filled with tears. He wasn't worried about their son. It was she who he was worried about. His girl. She's gone. But still alive and well in his heart.

writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

Beautiful! I dont even know what to say... amazing, fabulous, awesome, fantastic! Would you mind commenting on my work since your such a great writer?