Fluttering Heart Beats | Teen Ink

Fluttering Heart Beats

By LivingXPoet BRONZE, Osseo, Minnesota
LivingXPoet BRONZE, Osseo, Minnesota

"Life comes at you fast. It runs through your body and tries to escape and be expressed in any way possible. It's a lot like lightning"
Chris Colfer, struck by lightning

'Thump,Thump'
All The blood is rushing in my ears as I wait for you to stop Talking to your chums.
'thump,thump'
My mouth and throat goes dry as your friends say there goodbyes and talking about how you'll all hang out later.
'Thump thump'
I finally regain the feeling in my legs and walk up to you letter in hand.
'thump,thump'
I hand you the letter and smile. I try explaining the letter but my words just stumbled around like word vomit.
'Thump Thump'
You smile and say "Sure." with that adorable smile.
'Thump,Thump'
I'm so glad you can come.
:)

Okay, okay, okay, just to clear this up its about a girl inviting a boy she likes to her party and him saying yes. I got the idea while listening to nightcore music!

LivingXPoet BRONZE, Osseo, Minnesota

Chris Colfer, struck by lightning

Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep that in mind and I'll try making this into an actual story. :)

CammyS SILVER said...
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska

No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

You'd probably want to check out some of the grammer  and spelling. And, don't get me wrong, it's great this way, but I don't kow if a poem is the best way to express this story. You shouldn't have to explain it in your sidebar. Maybe a story with more detail would better suit this plot.