Two Ways | Teen Ink

Two Ways

By BDAIndra SILVER, Denpasar, Other
BDAIndra SILVER, Denpasar, Other

'God gave you brain, Use it well.' My Teacher

That day, I could hear them whispering, talking, behind me, above me, around me. The words they mumble, echo around me, like chians, bouncing of the walls of the school corridor. A new girl, they said, a new girl. I scoffed beneath my breath, a new doll you mean. A new puzzle to solve. A new mystery to unravel. What's her name/ do you think she's nice, and another bunch of endless questions, rhetorical, they already know that they soon will find out, no need to force and answer.

For once I wanted to be the person who was just watching things pass by,emotionless. I wanted to be able to be the one who witnessed the change instead of being changed. I was tired of it, but I couldn't stop myself from being part of it.

Then suddenly, something strikes me from behind, a sharp whisper which cuts through the air, swift and quick. ' I don't think she'll be nice,' a voice said aloud, a voice I only knew so well, the voice of my nemesis.

So that was how it all started. Stupid really, a selfish fight between pride. From that moment, throughout the day and throughout the year until this very moment, I decided I would befriend the newcomer.

We first saw her on the 3rd period, she was late. Tough luck on the first day.

Random writing, Brainstorming much, came out of a very very random quirky emotion.