The Soul's Companions | Teen Ink

The Soul's Companions

By wskksw SILVER, Stanley, North Carolina
wskksw SILVER, Stanley, North Carolina

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

Hello. My name is love. Some people call me Forever, others Eternal. I spend my days in the atmosphere, minding the stars and the sun and the moon. Every once and I while, I drift down to earth. I whisper, softly at first. I’m never predictable, but sometimes you can sense my presence before I make myself known. The beating of the heart, the sweating of the palms, and butterflies in the stomach are all signs of my coming. When I arrive, the world becomes brilliant. Sometimes I hide. I play in the dusk, twirling through unsuspecting dreams and humming a beautiful melody as I glide through the air. Although I can disappear, I never truly die. I’m somewhere, singing of perfection, until I choose to resurface and change everything again.

Hello. My name is disappointment. Love is usually my forerunner. I follow her curtails, soaring through the sky behind her until she fades and I’m all that’s left. I never quite know how to react to her departure, but I normally hover, like a dark cloud crying to the broken world beneath it. I don’t provide much comfort, but alas, I am only a messenger. After my arrival, I invite my friend depression in.

Hello. I am depression. I cast a thick coat of desire and despair over the splendor of life. I am not everlasting and I do not conceal myself as Love does. When I am born, I am omnipresent. I fill the mind with dispiriting thoughts and take control of the subconscious. Love is my greatest enemy and I am king only until she decides to visit. When she returns, I am suppressed and I await my next opportunity to strike.

Hello. My name is hope. My purpose is vanquishing the threats of both depression and disappointment. I’m not always concrete, but I’m always confident. Despite the past, I’m ready to hold my chin up and stride forward. Love and I are close. I’m practically her shadow. One day, I expect this vicious cycle to end. One day, Love will prevail. One day, the answer will be “yes.”

Hello. My name is love. Some people call me Forever, others Eternal.

wskksw SILVER said...
wskksw SILVER, Stanley, North Carolina

Philippians 4:13

Thank you all for the feedback! It's really inspiring and I appreciate that you took the time to stop and comment.  Good luck in your writing as well!

GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

That was so cute and creative! I loved it :)

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

That was very beautiful and well-done. Reminds me of The Book Thief.

it's an amazing article just love every single line of it!!!xD and every single line is also very true...=)

SocialPariah GOLD, Laurel, Maryland

A dream is just a recycled memory.

This was phenomenal!

HLS21 GOLD said...
HLS21 GOLD, Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania
This is amazing. I read a few lines at first then began to scroll away but something make me come back and read the entire arrticle.  I am so glad I did. Honestly, amazing

I applaud you on the way you start each paragraph, simply brilliant. Also the descriptions you give for each of souls's companions are very original. Keep writing!

EmmettHerculeLaFave SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." -Thomas Paine

Incredibly beautiful, true-to-life and well written. One of the best pieces I've read on here by far.

AnnabelLee423 SILVER, Somewhere, Other

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Hello, my name is Vagialena. I seek for Love. The one that some call Forever, others Eternal. It's really great that you begin and end with Love, that some call Forever, others Eternal. Love is the start and end! Love is everything!

ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

This is beautiful and very well written. It was written as if you had experienced all these emotions and feelings which made it better. It was great!