Long distance relationship | Teen Ink

Long distance relationship

January 23, 2013
By Karolina95 SILVER, SUNNYSIDE, New York
Karolina95 SILVER, SUNNYSIDE, New York
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"...people who suffer the most are those who don’t know what they want." -Meredith Grey (3x21)
”Time is what we want the most, but what we use the worst”-William Penn
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jimenez


Tall and athletic, I have always been the fastest runner in class. Once the shots were fired – there was no way of stopping me. My mind, polluted with air, would not respond to any commend until my muscles were drained of energy. My most embarrassing moments are the ones where I regain my consciousness after running. Competing with no one else but myself, I run to stop the Earth from moving. I run to forget who I am – I am not alone.
I look around for my companion and come to a sinful halt. It is her third break in nearly seven minutes. I look at my watch. Six. Six minutes. “What now,” I think to myself.
“I got a cramp.” she says loudly.
“You caught a stitch?” I try not to sound annoyed.
“I got a cramp.” She sees right through me.
“I told you not to drink so much water.” My playful voice sounds serious.
We let someone pass us in silence. She sits on the edge of the sidewalk. I frown at her and the dirt on the pavement, but take a seat next to her anyways. I look at her and with her blue eyes she directs mine to he sky.
“I forgot the sun is setting sooner these days.” I pull closer and lay my head on her shoulder.
As the sky darkens, a silver dot slowly crosses from one side to the next.
“Lets pretend that airplanes on the night skies are the shooting stars, 'cause I really want to make a wish right now.” I start to sing, but we soon burst into laughter and begin talking about everything that has been on our minds since a long, long time.
What wouldn't I do to bottle this moment. Record it and play it over one day.
One or two hours later, we walk home. Our paths diverge on the intersection two blocks from the high way, where only a minute ago we sat looking beyond the passing cars and the graveyard at the Kosciuszko's bridge far away and the sun setting to sleep even farther away then our imagination can ever take us.
Tomorrow we will resume to being strangers and I will resume to run beyond my abilities.