The Boy and the Vespa | Teen Ink

The Boy and the Vespa

March 8, 2013
By Dillon Whitney BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
Dillon Whitney BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The story of the Vespa and I go way back last summer. It all started when I took a trip to my friend Ben’s house. Where he had a motorized scooter also known as the Vespa. The Vespa was one of the funniest things to drive ever. Ben and I took turns riding the scooter around his neighborhood. Trying to impress the ladies, popping wheelies, wheelies, and doing doughnuts, the nine yards. But one trip around was really was one of the greatest things ever. I had the best idea of seeing who could pop the biggest wheelie ever. First it was Bens turn and he had done pretty well, but what had happened next is what the story is really about; the crazy bananas Vespa. What it looks like is a nice peaceful scooter, but when you ride it, it kind of stinks. I mean it was fun and all but it had a throttle problem to where only certain people could ride it, which is no fun for them, but is super fun for us to watch them crash when they ride. Ok back to the topic. The Vespa was really good for popping wheelies so naturally we would just pop wheelies. So it came to be my turn again and I popped the biggest wheelies ever. I am talking like six feet in the air. And the next thing I know, I am lying in the grass on my back, feet in the air. And there was Ben laughing away. I was like dude!!! That was rad man! That was one of the biggest wheelies ever! So still to this day Ben and I still talk about this very wheelie, this legendary wheelie, that neither of us could ever recreate.


The author's comments:
this is my story, hope you like it