Curious Jenna | Teen Ink

Curious Jenna

May 19, 2013
By tjddms30 BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
tjddms30 BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was just like any other Saturday at Jenna and Tom’s house. There were two siblings at home: Tom, a sixteen year old, boy who was devoted to computer games, and Jenna, a five year old, girl who was small, quiet but curious. They were playing on their own just like any other Saturday. Tom was playing Cart Rider, an online game, with other people. Jenna was playing with a small car. Their mom, Katie, was about to go to work. She worked at LG office which was one and a half hours away from the house.
Katie said, “Good bye children, I’ll come back at 4. Be good okay?”

Tom and Jenna said, “Of course mother! See you later.”
It was peaceful and quiet at Jenna and Tom’s house. After about thirty minutes things started to get interesting. Tom was getting angry because he was losing his game. Meanwhile, Jenna was getting bored. She wanted to play with Tom, but he was too busy playing his game.
“Tom! Stop playing that game and play with me.” Jenna shouted.
“Jenna, Can’t you see I’m busy? Leave me alone and go find something to do by yourself.” Tom replied.
Jenna started to search around the house for something interesting and she found a plastic toy basket that had many holes. Nothing in the toy basket seemed interesting to her, but the basket with many holes ignited her curiosity. She started to put her fingers in and out of the hole. She played her game for ten minutes. Jenna started to get bored so she decided to put her lips into the hole and it got stuck. When she tried to pull it out and hurt more and would not come out. She couldn’t even call Tom for help. She began to cry.
“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!” Jenna cried.
“What’s wrong Jenna?” Tom ran into the room where Jenna was.
“Jenna!! Stay right there. I’ll save you” Tom wanted to be a superhero to his little sister.
Tom called 911 right away. That was the best he could do.
“Hello, is this 911? There is emergency at my house. You need to come right away!”
“Okay, We will be right there!” 911 answered.
The fire station was not far from the house. In three minutes, there were ten fire fighters in the house. They thought there was big problem, because Tom’s voice seemed nervous. Then they saw Jenna. A little girl with lip stuck in a hole. The fire fighters thought it was a big accident. But when they saw this they couldn’t help but laugh. They rescued Jenna out from the toy basket.
“Is my sister okay?” Tom asked the firefighters.
“Yes, she will be okay. You did a good job young man by calling us. But next time take care of your sister better okay?” Firefighters answered.
After the firefighter left, Tom gave Jenna a big hug.
“Sorry, Jenna, for not playing with you.” Tom said.
“It’s okay Tom, from now on you have to play with me everyday okay?” Jenna said.
“Haha okay little sister, I’ll teach you how to play Cart Rider. So you can play with me now.” Tom said jokingly.
“I just want to spend more time with you brother!” Jenna smiled.
After this day, Tom and Jenna became closer and Tom learned to take care of his little sister better. Their mom never found out about this.