Mesmerizing | Teen Ink

Mesmerizing

By lynnly BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
lynnly BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan

everyone lies, we half to find the ones worth telling a tail too, and believing them.

She gave me goose bumps, like the touch of a butterfly’s wing. But just the mere sight of her, flowing deep black stringy hair, her lips stained the lightest red, but darker than pink. Hardly any mascara on her lashes, but they seemed to bolt up when she looked at me. Each one spread with light black, one shade lighter than her hair. Her smell was mesmerizing, like angels, smuggled into her light bronze jacket. Her skin was light almost a pink, as if she were getting over a cold? But even with that, being sick or not she was small and petite, fragile like glass, she looked classy, not too much showing but enough to make any sane man notice her, and then maybe even the insane too. The shadows of our figures were in the air connected, as I turned around to apologize for our run in, with each other. I wondered, what was going through her mind but pushed my thought aside. Now I was turned around looking right into those huge hazel eyes, looking right back at me. “I am so sorry, I had no idea that you were standing there.” I lied, the lightness in her lips darken one shade as she slid her tongue across them, trying to stumble for words. “it’s… it’s okay, how could you have known?” she stumbled for her books already clenched into her arms, smiled slightly and started back walking away. Her head was faced towards the ground as if she were too shy to look up and see the amazing world she was missing out on… I stared for just a minute longer, and when she disappeared and I carried on.