For Forever and Always | Teen Ink

For Forever and Always

By SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois
SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois

“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
― Henry David Thoreau

The sweet onset of fall is tranquil. The crisp air, the transformation of trees, and all of the things I can do with my mother. It is soothing. The autumn is the perfect time for change.
I can’t believe that we are moving into our new house today. My mom, Lorelei and I are thrilled. And we even got stop in at Skylites’s, the town diner, for coffee. The table we sit in is always the same. It’s like special treatment, I love it.
I walked through the door and there she was at the counter, ordering already. I like it.
I wonder how my mom always gets here so fast. I was waiting for her back at the table when this guy, Robby started flirting with me. I was never so happy to have my mom.

Robby flirted, “Yeah, I've never been through here before.”
Lorelai crept up behind him “Oh, you have too.”
“Oh, hi,” said Robby.
“Oh, hi. You really like my table, don't you?” She put her coffee cup down in front of me in an overly dramatic protective way. Then she leaned onto my shoulder and put her arm across my back. The way we stared at him; boy oh boy. It may have been cute in a mother daughter way but oddly disturbing as well.
“I was just, uh...”
“Getting to know my daughter?”
“Your...”
It was too hard to resist so I piped in. “Are you my new daddy? I teased.
Oh my! He was so nervous. “Wow. You do not look old enough to have a daughter. No, I mean it. And you do not look like a daughter.” He stammered.
“That's possibly very sweet of you Joey. Thanks,” she complimented.
“So... daughter.” Lorelai shook her head yes. “You know, I am traveling with a friend.”
“She's sixteen”.
“Bye.”
Lorelai calls out. “Drive safe.” Robby and his friend left Luke’s incredibly fast. He dashed out of the diner. He actually dashed out of a diner!
That was fun. She is so much fun! I love that my mother is my best friend.
After that little experience, our food finally arrived much to my happiness. Mom never cooks. We eat out all the time. It is one of the bonds we share, our never ending diet.
Because she had me when she was sixteen and moved out on her own, it has always been just us.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if someone else was there, but that’s not realistic. But no matter what happens, the good and the bad we will always be there for each other.
We are best friends first, mother and daughter second.

I was watching Gilmore Girls and this is my dedication to it.

ninjaballerina1234, Eureka, Missouri

everything is always ok in the end if everything is not ok its not the end

I really enjoyed this article, but you need to make sure you have correct punctuation and that you don't skip words.  

ImAKeeper SILVER, Missouri City, Texas

"I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."- William Ernest Henley

I think this was a really cute story. It's interesting to see the unique relationship between the mom and the daughter. I really liked the way you started off but I got a little lost in the dialogue with the guy. You might want to make it a little bit more clear. Also, grammar and punctuation is a big thing. It helps the reader if you reread a couple of times to make everything flow. Also, try to stay in the same tense. A couple of times you switched to the past tense even though you were using present tense the whole time. But overall, I thought it was a great story! Well done! (:

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

sorry, I meant, great work!! :P

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

IThis is something I mention in every article I like: There's nothing more beautiful than simplicity, and this one was that: perfectly simple, beautiful, and complete. Great work?? And would you mind checking some of my articles?? You know how hard it is to get genuine omments :)  

Calliashi SILVER, Litchfield Park, Arizona

The man with the key is king and honey, you should see me in a crown. ~James Moriarty

How sweet! I wish everyone had such a good relationship with their mother. It was sort of confusing during the flirting because I wasn't aware of the mother's young age nor did I know exactly how old the narrator was. This made the whole turn around "are you my daddy?" comment seem strange and confusing. It made me think Robby was in his twenties or something.

BeautylovesBeast SILVER, N. Las Vegas, Nevada

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them
-anonymous

Your story was short, sweet, and cute. The bond between the daughter and mother was really interesting.