Ama’s African Adventures | Teen Ink

Ama’s African Adventures

By achia akulang BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
achia akulang BRONZE, Pasco, Washington

Ama’s African Adventures

Once up on a time there was a girl named Ama. Ama and her family had just move to a farm settlement in Uganda. Because they lived on a farm settlement they had to grow all their food and other crops. On one normal working day for Ama and her family they had to Clare out more farming land from the edge of the forest in their back yard. They cut down trees and tangled weeds then they stack it all in a small circles so that it can be burned.
When her father looked up and saw dark clouds, he knew it was going to rain so he told his younger children to go home and let him and the older ones finish burning the rest of the bushes. Then they quickly set the bushes on fire before the cold hard windy African rain began then ran home for shelter. The bushes weeds and leaves unwanted plants burned to the ground. Then the rain hit and before you knew it the rain was over.
Then as one of their neighbors was passing by, she notches a group of characters that looked just like little children playing in the pile of ashes and she thought maybe it was the Tobias family so she calls out to them and was shocked when Mr. Tobias answered from inside his house. He came out than asked “what’s the matter” and she simply answered who are they, when everyone started to come out of their houses, because the rain had stopped. Then she realized that those were not a group of kids playing in the now dry ashes, they were monkeys and not just any kind of monkeys they were Baboons rolling around and jumping scramming and rubbing their fur with the ashes. They were like no monkeys that Ama had ever seen before because these ones had big long faces and long giant canines in front. Not to forget what was right in front of her, when they chased the baboons back into the jungle, right before the last one got away, Ama saw that it had a blue bottom. Ama still standing there in shock from the events that had taken place earlier, She was amazed and thought to herself that , that was the best day ever. The Baboons were gone and Ama with all her friends went back to their games, they played and laughed in the ashes happily ever after.
The End!

There are many things that we will all go though or have already gone through them. this is me sharing mine.