The baby story | Teen Ink

The baby story

By HoyerHoran2016 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
HoyerHoran2016 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

I want to be last, yeah, baby let me be your last, your last first kiss.

The day he was born, was one of the best days of my life. I was at home getting ready to meet my boyfriend at the airport. I ran downstairs to my sister's room to let her know i was leaving. I knew it was crucial to leave her on her due date but I hadn't seen Derek since April when I went to New York to see him. I missed him a lot and he missed me too.
"Hey Di," I say.
"Hey, you leaving now?" she asks.
"Yeah, I'll be back to pick you up for lunch, alright?"
"Alright, I'm going to shower and bring bags upstairs," she replies.
"Okay, see you in an hour," I say.
She nods, I run upstairs, grabbing my keys and making sure I had my purse. I hop into my car and make the drive to the airport. I turn on my radio and listen to our song, trying to get rid of the exciting nerves I always get when I am about to see him. Luckily not a lot of people were there and I got rockstar parking. I send a quick text to my very pregnant sister: Hey, how are you doing?
I get out of my blue Jeep Tribute and walk up to the gate that Derek is coming out of. He was supposed to be getting off the plane about now. I stood by the gate waiting anxiously.

Finally people were walking out of the security area, up the ramp toward the bystanders. They were greeting the people coming out, but I couldn't find Derek. My phone buzzed.
Diana: Yeah, minor contractions but nothing so far. Is Derek here yet?
Me: Haven't seen him yet.

I looked up from my phone and there he was walking up the ramp. I ran to him, throwing my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around me, he kisses my forehead gently and I lift my head kissing him as if I had never kissed him before. He was smiling so big and it was like we had never been away from each other.
"Hi," he finally said.
"Hey," I smiled.
He pulled me into another hug, and we walked to the luggage pick up. He gets his huge suitcase. We walk out to the car hand-in-hand. He puts his stuff in the back. I kiss him again before getting in the car.
"If you remember, Diana doesn't like the cute mushy stuff especially while pregnant," I say.
"Oh I remember, I definitely remember," he smirks.
I chuckle, "good because she wants to go to lunch with us."
"Oh, okay," he says.
We drive to the house where Diana waits with her just in case bag, and everything else. Derek helps her get her things into the car and hugs her.
"We missed you," she says.
"I missed you guys too," he says.
"Are we going to burger star?" Derek asks.
"Yeah," I laugh, "how'd you know?"
"Its the best place ever!" he says.
I pulled into a parking space at burger star. Derek helps my very pregnant sister get onto her feet, the belly was in the way. She finally stands up and liquid starts trailing down her leg.
"Riley.." she says.
"S***. Get in the car."
Derek helps her back into the car. I race as fast as I can to the hospital she was planning on having the baby at. She texts her baby daddy, Hank to come to the hospital.
Once we get there, Derek helps us get to the front desk where they take her to her room. After hours and hours of waiting, well more like 3 hours. Brendan Vincent was born. June 9th at 3:43 p.m.

This short story might be continued...