Confessions of an Invisible | Teen Ink

Confessions of an Invisible

October 31, 2008
By AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Donnie Darko


I don’t consider myself any type of stalker. I also don’t consider myself obsessive. I have merely fallen in love with you. You have fallen in love with me, too. You just don’t know it yet. But you will soon.

I have memorized your entire schedule. You have too many friends in my opinion. They see you in the hall, so you stop to talk. You barely make it to class on time.

When you get home, I am already stealthily perched, hiding from the world, not you. I would love it if you saw me. You would yell for me and I would come down, always at your beck and call. You would wrap me in your arms and hold me, warming me with your smile.

When I am finished with my daydream, you are already inside. I look through your bedroom window just in time to see the door open. You throw your backpack down on the floor. Once you sit on the bed, you pull out a notebook and start to write.

I have seen some of your pieces. I got them by going into you locker. Of course, I remembered your combination. The few friends you let read some of your works compliment you constantly. But, I believe that they aren’t intelligent enough to understand what you write. I believe that only I understand you.

It’s late now and I must go. I know what happens when your lights go off. You curl into a ball on your bed and cry yourself to sleep.

One day I will work up enough courage to make you understand how much you love me. Not today, though. One day you will rise from your slumber and realize that I am your destiny.