Confessions of an Invisible | Teen Ink

Confessions of an Invisible

By AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Donnie Darko

I don’t consider myself any type of stalker. I also don’t consider myself obsessive. I have merely fallen in love with you. You have fallen in love with me, too. You just don’t know it yet. But you will soon.

I have memorized your entire schedule. You have too many friends in my opinion. They see you in the hall, so you stop to talk. You barely make it to class on time.

When you get home, I am already stealthily perched, hiding from the world, not you. I would love it if you saw me. You would yell for me and I would come down, always at your beck and call. You would wrap me in your arms and hold me, warming me with your smile.

When I am finished with my daydream, you are already inside. I look through your bedroom window just in time to see the door open. You throw your backpack down on the floor. Once you sit on the bed, you pull out a notebook and start to write.

I have seen some of your pieces. I got them by going into you locker. Of course, I remembered your combination. The few friends you let read some of your works compliment you constantly. But, I believe that they aren’t intelligent enough to understand what you write. I believe that only I understand you.

It’s late now and I must go. I know what happens when your lights go off. You curl into a ball on your bed and cry yourself to sleep.

One day I will work up enough courage to make you understand how much you love me. Not today, though. One day you will rise from your slumber and realize that I am your destiny.

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

Hmmm... I don't know how I feel about this. The tone is super convincing... but is it enough to make me overlook that skin-crawling feeling that someone is watching me through my window? :) This kind of reminds me of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" music video, where he's totally stalking her, but then again, they're meant to be together, right? You had me really skeptical until you got to the crying himself to sleep. Then, everything changed. There's a deep caring conveyed by this poem, and it's in the little things, the way you gently chide him for barely getting to class on time and the way you hold his writing in such high esteem. You make me care about him too, and that's special. Well done.

AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

Why, thanks ;D

billlover420 GOLD, Justin, Texas

Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery.  People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody. ~J.D. Salinger,The Catcher in the Rye,

I LIKES THIS :) VERY GOOD

dog123 said...
Omg amber! i love it! i found it! you told me about it.well....you let me read it. but good job!