Eyes of Them | Teen Ink

Eyes of Them

March 12, 2014
By Eden___ BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
Eden___ BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
I watched his wildest dreams come true not one of them involving you.


Their gleaming eyes watch my every move. Not criticism. No, that would have been better than this. They hate me when I'm angry, they prey on me when I'm sweet.

"Hey, good-lookin'," they say and grin. It's a filthy grin. One that makes me shiver, makes me recoil, makes me want to hide, run, escape.

Hide. Run. Escape.

Their gleaming eyes hold me hostage. I'm surrounded my appalling adoration. My lip quivers, my eyes water, my heart pounds against my will. I hate myself, for letting this happen. Twice.

"Don't be afraid, sweetheart," they say and come closer. Filthy grin repulsing as they creep closer. I want to scream, cry, rage.

Scream. Cry. Rage.

Their gleaming eyes now over me. Nothing I can do but hold still. They hate me, they must. They prey on me, they do. Twice. What will it take to stop? When will this stop?

"I'm sorry, it wasn't my fault. You wanted this. Yeah, yeah, you enjoyed it, darlin'," they say and back away. Eyes look up and look down. Grin now fading into cynical grins. I want to leave, sleep, die.

Leave. Sleep. Die.

And I'm left as lifeless creature. Lurking shadows edge closer. I can't escape. I never will.

And all I can see are eyes.

Eyes.


The author's comments:
This was hard to write, I hope you enjoy it. It is based off of true events.