My Wish | Teen Ink

My Wish

April 5, 2014
By bunnyeatingcookies BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
bunnyeatingcookies BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You may know me...but you have no idea who I am.


My favorite aspect of a human is their eyes. It displays their youth, their sorrow, their happiness. It reflects the rays of the sun and absorbs the gleam of the moon. My favorite set of eyes is yours. They search mine when I’m troubled. They are full of understanding and concern. They hold the abundance of joy. They give love without caring if they receive.

My favorite aspect of a human is their eyes. Full of youth. I am 13 years old and I live in an orphanage. Most people only adopt kids that look cute or act like an angel. I don’t know if I look cute, I never checked. I don’t know if I act like an angel, I've never seen one. I no longer cared whether I got adopted or not. The adults here have already told me my chances were very slim, if any at all. I asked them why once and they said it was because of my eyes. I figured it must be because my eyes didn't display as much joy, curiosity, or innocence as the other children.

My favorite aspect of a human is their eyes. Full of sorrow. When I was 4, a couple was deciding between me and my sister. They only wanted to adopt 1, and I knew my sister was blind. I told them they should adopt her because she should get the chance to see the world and look at other peoples’ eyes. They ended up adopting her and she came to visit me a couple years later, explaining in great detail about how the world was like outside the orphanage.

My favorite aspect of a human is their eyes. Full of happiness. My name is Jade and I am lying on my deathbed. The doctors said that I had some kind of disease, and I had the opportunity to see a different world soon. I smiled and asked them if I could talk to you one last time before I went to go see that world. They said yes and you were in my hospital room moments later. I remember holding your hands in silence as I waited for my departure. I could hear you sniffling, but I didn't know why. I told you not to cry, because the doctors had told me I was going on an adventure soon. You said you were crying because you couldn't go on that adventure with me. I told you that you would, in time.

My favorite aspect of a human is their eyes. Full of hope. A lot of people think about their regrets in life while waiting to start on their adventure. But I didn't have any regrets. I only had a wish that was never achieved. Maybe when I see you again in the next world I’ll accomplish my goal. A tear rolled down my cheek and my last thought was of my wish. My only wish in life was to be able to see your eyes.


The author's comments:
this was inspired by one of my friends (: