One Night | Teen Ink

One Night

April 24, 2014
By Abby.W. BRONZE, Hartford, South Dakota
Abby.W. BRONZE, Hartford, South Dakota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live Life to the Fullest


“Come on Jacob, it’s your turn to pick someone.”

“Sorry, um... Marianna, truth or dare?”

My stomach lurches at his voice saying his name, and as he looks at me, butterflies are overflowing within my stomach. “Dare.”

“Hm...this one has to be a good one.” As he sits there silently looking me in the eyes he gets tapped on the shoulder.

“Jacob, I have to go home.” His best friend Brandon says while struggling to rip his keys out of his cache shorts.

“Okay.” Jacob gets up out of the circle of friends on the carpeted floor and as he walks past me, he catches my eye and winks at me giving those butterflies one last electric jolt through my body. “See ya later babe.” He smiles at me as he turns around the corner.

“Go and kiss him. You have the perfect chance.”

“No! Don’t go, what if he doesn’t like you back?”

“He obviously likes you, otherwise he wouldn’t always talk to you and care about you.”

What if he’s just being nice?”

“There’s a difference between being nice to someone and liking someone. Just go and do it, before it’s too late.”

“What if they already left?”

“It doesn’t hurt to check, and if they left there’s always food up there that you could eat.”

“Nah, ill just sit here. I mean we do have each other’s numbers, so we can talk later.”

“Whatever, you’re just scared.”

“Yeah I am scared, what if he doesn’t like me back?”

“How else can you find out if he does or doesn’t?”

“Marianna, are you going to pick someone?” My friend Ryan asks me looking around the circle and trying to nonchalantly point at himself.

“Ryan, truth or dare?” Laughingly I start to get up, but both of the people on my sides grab my wrists and pull me back down.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to...rub Jackson’s butt and tell him to ‘Come here sexy baby’ in a seductive voice.” As everyone laughs he turns bright red, and gets a little flustered, as his crush is the person who is sitting right next to Jared.

“Whatever, might as well get it over with as soon as possible, I mean I wouldn’t want to touch Jackson’s butt either.” I say as he sits there thinking about wether to do it or not.

“Everyone get out. Im tired and falling asleep and if ya’all wake me up, ya’all will regret it.” The host of the party yells.

“Aw come on Jesse, the party just got started.”

“Get out, I’m not joking.” Jesse picks up his girlfriend Adrianna and carry’s her into his room, and shuts the door. As soon as we all see that, we hurry up to get out of the door as soon as possible.

As everyone else besides Jesse and Adrianna leave Jesse’s house we start discussing on where else we could possibly have a party. Then my friend Morgan said that her mom’s on sleeping pills so as long as we aren’t loud we can have a party at her house in her room.

So we all are driving to Morgan’s house and as we arrive, we realize it’s an apartment, so we are all thinking it will be a small room and we will be crushed. But when she opens the door the rooms are huge! We get hurried and shushed while we go into Morgans room.

“Okay guys, how about spin the bottle?” Everyone looks around, then mumbles a sure why not, or a yeah. Morgan goes over to her dresser and takes out a glass coca cola bottle and puts it on the ground.

“Come on guys, lets play. But only kisses on the cheek.” As the night goes on it goes from cheek, to same sex kiss on cheek opposite sex kiss on lips. Then it was timed kisses. Eventually it got to be who had the kinkiest kiss.

Around three in the morning we were all falling asleep and decided to go home. Two days later it was Monday, and surprisingly everyone knew about it. People were disappointed in all of us, but we didn’t really care. We had fun and didn’t do anything bad, so as long as we did’t mind, it didn’t matter.