Alone Again | Teen Ink

Alone Again

May 19, 2014
By Atheawesome0 BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
Atheawesome0 BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

For the millionth time, I was alone in the house. Why do they leave me?” I always think, “Why can’t they bring me with them?” Then, for the next few hours, I was alone, again.

After times and times go by that I was left, I was tired of it. I just don’t understand why I couldn’t go with them. Why I had to sit here in this empty house for who knows how long. I could no longer stand it; therefore, as they left again I struck back.

Exiting through the sliding glass door, they went to the teleporter. I tried to cry out and whine and scream and do whatever I could but it was no use. It was time to strike back. As the teleporter vanished, I knew they were gone and it was time.
I went through the house looking for something, anything to mess up or destroy to make them mad, to make sure they know not to leave me again. After searching forever, I finally found something. It was shiny, skin-color, and looked like a human. I knew this was perfect, so then I started with the head and tore it off with ease. After that, I went for the arms and legs which snapped like a twig. Then, I started chewing the pieces to bits but it only left teeth marks which was fine because I left my mark. Now, I dragged the pieces in front of the sliding glass door so when they came back, they can see what I did.
After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, they came back. Although, they didn’t get the reaction that I expected. They looked really mad when they saw the human-like-thingy. They picked it up angrily, and shoved it in my face. Then, they started spanking me! I think I understood now. Chewing that up just made it worse and since I know now I will not disrespect my owners again for the life of a dog is something that a dog can’t control. You should not disrespect your protector because they try to do the best for you.