A Life Lesson Learned Young | Teen Ink

A Life Lesson Learned Young

September 3, 2014
By Laura Wagner BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado
Laura Wagner BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was at the age of six when I learned one of the biggest lessons to this day. It was on one bright summer morning when I was riding my horse with my two brothers. I had been riding my Pinto Pony, Sunshine.  Although a pony sounds small, you must remember to a tiny six year old it was enormous.  I absolutely loved to ride Sunshine all the time. My brothers were riding our Palomino and Mustang because they were much older than me.  We were riding in a little valley behind my house and I decided to pick up speed; not nearly as fast as my brothers.

I loved the feeling of the wind flowing through my braids. At that moment, I had found my serenity. Almost at the same moment, my horse bucked me off and I found myself flying through the air like a kite. Before I knew it, I was on the ground in tears. I did not ever want to ride back on that evil creature. My brother leaped off his horse and demanded I jump back on. I begged and pleaded to not get back on, but he didn’t give in. That day I learned in life when you fall down, even if it seems hard, you have to get right back up and continue. 


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences