Worst Day Ever | Teen Ink

Worst Day Ever

October 23, 2014
By rachaellynne23 SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
rachaellynne23 SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

So my day just went from the best day ever to the worst day ever. My boyfriend took me out to eat at a really good Mexican restaurant for Valentine’s Day which is also our 1 year anniversary. Well I had to go to the bathroom so that’s exactly what I did. I did my business and washed my hands and made sure they were dry. I went to open the door and it wouldn’t open. I pushed on it and nothing. I pulled on it and nothing.
I started to panic and looked all around the bathroom and there was no way out except for the door. I went and sat in the corner and my phone went off in my pocket. I forgot that I had it with me. My boyfriend had texted me asking me if I was ok. I went to text him back and tell him that I couldn’t get out of the bathroom but my phone died right before I got the chance to hit send. I didn’t know what to do I was starting to panic more and more.
I mean what if he thought I had ditched him and he left. Then what would I do? I loved him with everything. We have known each other our whole lives. He decided to ask me out a year ago today. What did I just realize? This restaurant is where he asked me to be his girlfriend. Know I really was trying to get out. I pushed and pulled on the door but no matter what I did the door wouldn’t open.
Why was this happening to me? Did I do something to deserve this? I thought about everything I had done the past year. I knew of nothing that could make me deserve this. I didn’t want to lose the only relationship that had worked out for me. The past year had been the best year ever. I am now dating my best friend and it is going perfect. I can be myself with him just like I always have been.
I went back to the door and looked at it. The door handle moved and the door wasn’t locked so I couldn’t figure out what it could be. I started pacing in the bathroom and didn’t know what to do. I was trying to think about how I was going to explain to Jason how I got stuck in a bathroom. I felt really bad that I just ditched him because my own stupidity. I pulled my phone out and tried to turn it on. It turned on and died instantly. Oh my gosh, could today get any worse. I went to the door and started knocking on it.
What made it worse is that I was yelling and banging on the door but nobody heard me. How could nobody hear me? Then again I was right by the kitchen and the cooks and dishwashers are the only people that would hear me but they made a lot of noise in the kitchen. Guess I was stuck here till somebody discovered me in here. I heard somebody moving stuff around outside the door.
I started banging on the door and yelling again. The door never moved or anything. I couldn’t yell anymore. My throat hurt badly and I couldn’t even talk out loud to myself. Again I started wondering why this was happening to me. Of all people it had to be me on Valentine’s Day and my one year anniversary. My own stupidity was going to be the end of my relationship. How could one person be so stupid? I wasn’t even a blonde. I mean I have nothing against blondes but you know what I’m trying to say.
I heard more movement outside the door. I pushed on the door and finally it opened. There was a guy walking down the hall to the kitchen with a cart. I went out to where my table was and I see Jason still sitting there. My day got better then. I went and sat down. He looked at me. I could tell he was wondering what took me so long. So I told him exactly what happened and that I felt really bad.
He smiled at me and told me everything was ok and that I didn’t need to worry. Things happen like that. He then told me about a time that we had been on a date when we first started dating and he had also got stuck in the bathroom. We laughed and then paid for dinner and went home to watch movies.
After this experience I learned to never use a public bathroom again. I would start using the bathroom before I left my apartment.