Deception in The Purist Form | Teen Ink

Deception in The Purist Form

By Harris15 SILVER, Waterbury, Connecticut
Harris15 SILVER, Waterbury, Connecticut

The Expert in anything was once the Beginner.

Today is the big day. It’s the day I have waited for ever since I left you, two years ago. It’s been 730 days since I’ve seen your face. It’s been 17,532 hours fighting in this crude war. I know that today though I will be overjoyed and ecstatic to see you. I know thousands of people will be here in their red, white, and blue, but I’m sure I can spot you with ease. Celebrations and packs of parades will consume this hot misty summer week in July.
There are as many people here as in a stadium on Super Bowl Sunday. As I walk into my house, I wonder where my family is. No matter, I am finally home in New York. The Big Apple is what I hear people are starting to call it. I can’t wait to march through Times Square and be surrounded by millions.
As the parade commences, this enthusiastic feeling burst inside of me that reveals the missing piece. I can feel love and passion rushing back as I see your glistening smile and amber eyes. I’m looking at the love of my life. I see my beautiful wife with our two year old son. This woman’s heart beat is in symmetry with my own and I see the joy that our new son brought her while I was gone.
As I begin to run to her, my knees buckle. My wife is being held by an unknown mystery man. He is wearing venom black with a cloak of despair. My wife is wearing a heart bleeding red dress with pure white stockings. He grips her tightly and kisses her with deceivingly passionate lips. At first I thought she was caught off guard by some crazy man. However, my eyes burn, fading away as I could see her lift her leg up like a giddy girl in high school who just got her dream kiss. In the midst of it all I heard our son call him Dad.
I feel like I just lost my wife in the clutches of this unknown ominousness figure. The way he is holding her looks like the devil cashing in a soul. The way my son smiled and enjoyed his hold shatters my heart. I feel like there is no escape from this grasp of betrayal. This man will be the catalyst of my downfall; the ultimate reason why the bond between my wife, son, and I shatter like a vase. I can barely stand straight. My body is frozen with numbness and I sink to the ground like slippery ooze. I have lost my family forever.

Look at the picture VJ Day kiss. Tell me what you see.