Twas the 12 Days Before Christmas | Teen Ink

Twas the 12 Days Before Christmas

By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.

Twas 12 nights to Christmas and all through the house,

a twister was stirring.

Clothes were thrown throughout the house,

in a frantic hurry to leave for Grandma's house.

She was nervous cause she was bringing her boyfriend,

in hopes her family would like him.

Twas 11 days to Christmas and all through the house,

not a creature was stirring cause they overslept.

She woke in a frantic panic thinking she was late to class,

remembering she was on break, calmed herself.

She leaned over to her boy,

planting a sweet kiss upon his perfect lips.

Twas 10 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was banging and clattering from the trembling of an earthquake.

She was frantically running through the house,

not knowing where to go or what to do or where Gideon was.

She finally just sat down and curled into a ball,

rocking back and forth and sobbing uncontrollably.

Twas 9 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was total silence throughout.

The house was not decorated in Christmas apparel,
for she was leaving for the holidays not a trace of Christmas to be found.
Her bags were stuffed in the car with care,
in hopes that nothing would be broken.

Twas 8 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was the ringing of a doorbell.

She got up and put her feet on the floor,

and walked to the door to see no one there.

She opened the door and to her surprise,

there laid a gift from Gideon, a bouquet of flowers.

Twas 7 days to Christmas and all through the house,

not a sound was made except the ringing of the doorbell.

She got up and what do you know,

another gift from Gideon, a box of chocolates.

What was he up to?

Whatever it was she liked it.

Twas 6 days to Christmas and all through the house,

not a creature was stirring cause the house was empty.

She went to work with her bags in the trunk,

leaving for the airport after work.

That day at work Gideon dropped by,

and broke her heart, leaving her.

Twas 5 days to Christmas and all through the plane,

not a sound was heard except the engine.

She was alone on the plane,

no boyfriend to present to her family.

She hopped off the plane and froze,

it was freezing, where had her mom picked to have Christmas?

Twas 4 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was sounds of laughter and music filling the air.

Her mother picked CANADA,

Canada of all places for Christ sake, it is freezing up here.

She was ridiculous,

what was she thinking or planning?

Twas 3 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was hustling and bustling of busy people decorating.

They had waited until she got there to decorate,

because it's tradition to decorate as a family.

She rushed around in her pj's,

decorating and eating breakfast simultaneously.

Twas 2 days to Christmas and all through the house,

there was again laughing and music through out.

She laid in bed,

depressed about her boyfriend dumping her.

Her mother kept asking,

“where’s your man, I wanted to meet him”.

Twas the afternoon before Christmas and all through the house,

the smells of a delicious feast ran throughout.

Her mother had been making the Christmas Eve dinner for years,

she was never allowed to help for fear of disaster.

When the feast was done and set up on the table,

the doorbell rang, Who could that be?

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

I opened the door and to my surprise it was gorgeous man, that I felt like I knew but couldn't place him.

"Justin", he said shaking my hand.

"Come in", I said racking my brain to remember him.

All of a sudden it hit me, my high school crush. OMG what was he doing here.

"Oh Justin you made it, good", I hear my mother say from behind me. I sat down at the

table and Justin followed, sitting next to me. I saw my mom go into the living room and she came back with a book, OH NO, the photo album. "Mom, no", I said as she brought it over to Justin and I. "Chelsea Anne Ruthers, be polite, I am your mother", she said placing the book in front of us and opening to the first page. As I looked down at the book I blushed, it was filled with pictures and clippings of anything with Justin and I. The first picture I saw was one of our many on stage kisses, with little lip stickers all around the picture. I looked over at Justin and he was blushing too, probably thinking my mother was crazy.**JUSTIN'S P.O.V**

As I looked at all the photo's all the memories came flooding back along with all the feelings I had for Chels, that's my nickname for her. I remember every single one of our on stage kisses and they were the best, no other kisses could compare. I'm sure by this time my face is as red as a tomato. Chels looked at me and I could feel my face get hotter if that's even possible. We put the book down and ate the feast Mrs. Ruthers prepared. After we were finished Chelsea asked her mother if we could be excused. She stood up grabbing the book and looked at me expecting me to follow her. I stood and cleared my throat thanking Mrs. Ruthers for inviting me.

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

I took him into my room and I sat down on the bed opening the book again. He stood there for few minutes just looking at me, probably thinking I'm crazy now. I patted the bed beside me and he shook his head as if snapping out of a dream. "What were you thinking about", I ask as he sits down. His face turns red and a small smile crept onto his face as he says, "Us, you, how perfect we were". "Yea we pulled off some great performances", I said looking back down at the book.

**JUSTIN'S P.O.V**

She returned to looking at the book, so I softly put my finger under her chin and brought her face back to look at me. "I mean on and off stage, we should've been together", I said then kissed her softly. The flame ignited and what started as a small kiss turned into a make out session. I felt like I was right back in high school, but this time I was going to get the girl I wanted.

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

We were fiercely making out, but I had to ask, "What happened to you and Katie"? He

turned his head away and said, "She cheated on me with Shane". I turned his face back to me and his eyes were full of pain and sadness. "I'm so sorry, I should've taken you away from that b**** when I first formed a crush on you", I said then kissed him again.

**JUSTIN'S P.O.V**

After looking at the book some more I finally said, "I should probably get going, my mom wanted me home for her dinner too". "You're going to be so stuffed", Chelsea said laughing. God I love her laugh, who am I kidding I love everything about her. I drove to my mom's and when I got there I was bombarded by my little brother and sister. They had already eaten so we just opened presents. My mom kept looking at me and finally she asked, "Why did you miss dinner". "Well, Mrs. Ruthers invited me over for dinner with Chelsea", I said trying not to smile, which I had been doing for the past hour. "Oh, you guys were so cute together in high school", she said clapping her hands together. "Mom, we were never a couple in high school", I said with a frown regretting being too chicken to ask her out back then. "Oh, well you could've fooled me", she said her smile growing wider. I looked down slowly picking at the tape on the present I was holding. "Anyway, what happened", she continued. "Um well, it was a little awkward at first but then her mom brought out this scrap book full of me and Chels together. We ate dinner, then we went up to her room to continue looking at the book, then we ended up talking and that lead to making out", I said awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. "Please tell me you didn't... you know", she said with a look of worry on her face. "No, god mom, jeez", I said chuckling, thinking I wish.

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

Justin left and I couldn't help but be sad. My mom came by my room and poked her head in saying, "Are you ok". "Did you know Katie cheated on him with Shane", I asked unable to hold back the tears. "Oh honey, of course I knew", she said rubbing my back. "That's why I invited him over, to rekindle old flames", she continued. I knew she seemed a little too happy when I told her about my recent break up.

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

I woke up with a sore throat, which happens only when I cry myself to sleep. I looked in

the mirror and my eyes were puffy, I washed my face in hopes it would take away the

puffiness. I went downstairs still in pj's to eat breakfast and open presents. After all

that I ran and changed into green leggings and my Santa Clause sweater. Then I went to

the store quick in my new car, which was my Christmas present, to get Justin a present. I thought back to the last Christmas gift I got him. I then saw these gold best friend chains with gold microphones on them and immediately thought of our last production. He would love these. I purchased them and sped back home to wrap them. When I got back home though Justin's car was in the driveway, now how am I supposed to get them wrapped. I thought real fast and drove back to the mall to get them gift wrapped, well his not mine, I would wear mine under my sweater so he couldn't see it. Then I sped back home and went in the house. I looked around the house to find Justin but I didn't see him any where so called out, "Justin I know you're here, I saw your car". I listened really close then heard footsteps coming from upstairs so I ran upstairs to see Justin wrapping some kind of box. "What are you doing", I asked and he jumps about a foot off the ground. "Oh My God, you scared the crap out of me", he says hiding the box behind his back. "oh sorry, I say wrapping my arms around his waist grabbing the box and running down stairs. Justin chased behind me and caught me at the bottom of the stairs and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

**JUSTIN'S P.O.V**

I picked her up and took her into the living room. I sat down on the couch and pulled her

onto my lap. "Ok now you can open it", I said as we sat down. She opened it and gasped, it was a gold charm bracelet with a gold microphone. "It made me think of you and our last production", I continued to say, then she kissed me and handed me a box. "Here now open yours", she said. I opened the box and it was a gold chain with a gold microphone that said best. "Best what", I asked curiously. She reached into her sweater and pulled out a matching microphone. "friend", she said. I frowned a little because I didn't want to be her friend, I wanted more. "It made me think of you", she said. "They didn't have best crush", she continued starting to laugh. "I want to be more than just your friend or crush", I said looking deeply into her eyes. "I want that too but I didn't know if you liked me like that or not, so I didn't want to throw myself at you then you reject me", she said with a huge smile on her face.

**CHELSEA'S P.O.V**

After I knew he wanted more, it was like a green light in my mind. I positioned myself so I was straddling his legs and started making out with him. He lifted me up and stood up so I wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked up the stairs to my room and laid me down on the bed. I think you know what happened next. So in the end what started out as a bad Christmas became the best one yet.