Dear You | Teen Ink

Dear You

March 11, 2015
By me.jguo SILVER, Dublin, Ohio
me.jguo SILVER, Dublin, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Broken Crayons Still Color...


Dear You

My heart suddenly turns into some sort of ace acrobatic in front of you. Thump, thump, each beat wants to leap out and give you a huge hug... except obviously I can't do that. I doubt I'm even an inkling of a thought in your mind. You have your own life, I have mine.

Is it so wrong that I want our paths to cross?

You. Everything about you is perfect. I don't know what made me fall for you first. Was it the smile that radiated "Hey World!" that seemed to brighten the whole room? Or maybe it was the solemn, thoughtful gaze that you had when humor didn't fit the situation? 

Your eyes were perfect, too. Soft yet bracing at the same time; brought out by those thin rims of glasses that fit you, once again, perfectly. 

And those bad puns and wracks of laughter that enveloped your whole being. You always seemed so happy with everyone else. Always joking and laughing and grinning with no regrets. 

I love all of it.

Everything you did, you did perfectly. Sports, check. Academics, double check. Creative Arts, perfectly you. Even your name, perfect; two syllables that blossom with beauty. No, not beauty. Something greater. Something indescribable. 

Perhaps you will never read this. Actually, yeah, I hope you do not. For if you do, I will never be able to tell you all this in person knowing that it'll mean something.

So, just for the record, I love you. 

But I guess you don't have to worry about that quite just yet.

 

From, Me