What do you mean ? | Teen Ink

What do you mean ?

By VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida
VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida

" I will never be what you want from me "

It was a stormy day. it wasn't cold and stormy, though; it was hot and stormy like an oven. The kind of weatheer torandos get formed in. There is a little boy sitting in the corner of the room as his mother screams, "What do you mean you dont know if you're drunk! Of course you're drunk, look at you!" It is followed by a huge slamming of pots. A little girl walks into the room. She's six years old, and she crawls in, carrying a stuffed teady bear that's missing an eye. She sits down next to the little boy.  "Nilly, I'm scared," she says. There are tears in her eyes as she curls into Nilly's arms. The boy--seven years old--hears his mother screaming again. " All you've ever done since Jonathen died is get drunk!" The boy turns and runs his fingers through the little girl's hair and tells her everything is going to be alright, just stay close to him. " We have kids, you're not a bachelor!" Nilly picks up the little girl, who weighs almost as much as him. "Nilly I'm hungry," the little girl whispers. The boy responds, "We'll eat as soon as they're done." "It's over William!" The door slams shut.