No Good | Teen Ink

No Good

June 26, 2015
By VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida
VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida
72 articles 7 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
" I will never be what you want from me "


No amount of begging would ever bring him back. She was alone and there was nothing she could  do or say to change it. There was nothing she could do to convince him otherwise; there was nothing she could do to convince his mother otherwise. How had this all happened? Two months ago, they'd been happily in love and planning their future together...What had changed ? She knew what had changed. That faithful day had snapped their relationship in two. Shed been getting off work and going to meet her fiance at the local bar, where she caught him with another girl. The girl was young, blonde, pretty--didnt look old enough to have a drink. I saw the two sneak a quick kiss. I didn't come home that night. I didn't know what to do; the pressure was mounting as was the anger, and i had to get it out somehow, and so I did. I went to the next bar up and met a nice man who I eventually fell in love with. I hadn't meant to fall in love with anyone; I'd just wanted to prove that I could cheat too. Things only got worse, though. He told his mother about my " affair," and she went absolutely balistic. She said she knew I was never any good for him, that I was always just a crazy jezebel and that I'd never be any good for her son or their family name. But still he stayed with me, and we started fighting a lot more. I started to notice that the sparks weren't flying with him anymore, but rather with my mysterious lover I met every Saturday night . We started arguing about our plans for the future, how we'd raise our children, what kind of booster seat to buy, whether we'd adopt or have natural births. Every little thing became an exploding bomb to a point where we could no longer talk or be in the same room. I started sleeping on the couch, and he stayed with friends most nights. The silence was mounting and there was nothing we could do but to admit that we'd both fallen in love with other people. And love's funny like that. It comes and it goes. People are funny too. They pretend they like you for the sake of someone they love when really they know you're no good for them. I was no good for him, and I never will be.