Not so Perfect | Teen Ink

Not so Perfect

August 23, 2015
By m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
11 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You never know until you try!" -author unknown


  It's hard to be the perfect girl who's popular and pretty.  The kind of girl who's good at everything and has no flaws.

  I had always admired Oliva.  She was the most popular girl in school.  Everyone in the school knew her name and guys always tried to catch her attention.  She was the head cheerleader, dated the star of the football team, and was pretty enough to be a model.

   On the other hand, there was me.  I was extremely shy and my friends were considered as "the wierd people."   My glasses made me look like a geek and I literally had no talents.  Boys would go for me if I was the last female on planet.

    One day after lunch I headed to the bathrooms in the back of the school.  No one hardly ever used them so I wouldn't have to worry about waiting in line for a stall.  When I got there, I heard crying.  I carefully opened the door and my mouth fell open when I saw who it was.

  The on the tile floor sat Olivia tears streaming down her face.  Ackwardly, I stood there, not knowing what to do.  Suddenly I couldn't hold my works any longer. "Why are you crying. What in the world would you have to cry about.  Everyone in the school loves you and you have the hottest boyfriend."

  She shook her head "Just because I'm the most popular girl in school doesn't mean I don't have problems."

    I never found out what she had been crying about but I figured out that even the people who seem flawless have imperfections.