First Look (Chapter One) | Teen Ink

First Look (Chapter One)

By Olivia Kerber GOLD, Walnut, Illinois
Olivia Kerber GOLD, Walnut, Illinois

Abbey

I look out the car window as my mother drives out of the school parking lot. She is more excited about the collage I have been accepted into then I am. I have been accepted into Miami Beach Collage for the gifted. I have been top of my class for all my life but I am still pretty popular, I guess. I am pretty excited about it but there is one problem… I live in Maine. Miami Beach is located in Florida. I will be so far away from my friends, family, and my boyfriend. On top of that I am going to miss my high school graduation.  Just get the diploma in the mail, what kind of graduation is that?
I have to leave at the end of my junior year so I can get all my classes in to become a doctor. I can’t leave my friends, I just can’t do it. I need them but this is my mom and I’s dream since I was old enough to read and write. So I can’t let her down. Then again if I leave my friends I may never get to see them again. And that would be the worst thing in the world. I know I will make new friends but I love my old friends.
I don’t want to leave my boyfriend, Josh, either. He is everything to me. We have been dating for four years now and we have been looking forward to prom for years and now I was going to miss it. He loves me, I can feel it. The problem is I am not sure if I love him back. Sure we mess around and have a good laugh but I just don’t think I can say I “love” him. He is the best guy I have ever been with but then again I have not been in a lot of relationships. How am I to know what real love is?
I still have not told him I have to go but I just don’t know how to tell him.
It was time to tell him. He was right here at my door. We were going to get together and study for some “test” but I think now is the best time to tell him.

I am still working on this and have many more chapters if you guys are interested in reading more!