Narrative Writing | Teen Ink

Narrative Writing

What am I doing here? I pondered. I felt water trickling down on my head and looked up to shockingly realized that I was in the bathroom and my head was in the sink. I looked in the mirror and saw my sister with a frustrated look. She was talking on the phone. The white stream of water pouring down on my head turned completely red as it came in contact with my head.

“It’s not stopping!” my sister yelled in frustration into the phone. Who is she talking to? I wondered. And why is my head bleeding! I started to cry and then everything went black.

When I woke up I was on a stretcher in an ambulance truck. I could hear the siren outside blasting and telling everyone to get out of the way. My head still hurt a lot but it wasn’t bleeding anymore. I sat up and started to think about how I got into this mess. Then I remembered. I had been reading on a rolly chair reading a book when I started leaning back on the chair. I leaned back on my chair to far and the wheels cause the chair to slip. My head hit the sharp corner of the table and my head started bleeding and everything went black. I thought about how many people I annoyed today because of my clumsiness. Anger boiled up inside me. I then thought about how much of a nuisance I must have been to my family because of my incapability. I wanted to scream at that moment but I didn’t. I had realized if I screamed the drivers would start to worry  and wonder what was wrong with me . I had thought before I did. I then vowed to think before I do my actions. From then on my life would change. I went back to sleep. This time without crying.

I woke to find myself in a hospital. The door swung open and my mom and sister entered the room. “How are you feeling?” asked my mom.

“Ok,” I answered.

She explained to me that after I fell my sister, Glacius, heard me and came in to help. She called my mom and my mom told her to call the ambulance and do what they tell her to do.
“Can we go now?” I asked. My sister looked at me suspiciously noticing the change in me as I usually wouldn’t have been so impatient.
“Ok,” my mom replied.
I got out of the bed and followed them out of the hospital.

The next day at school my friend, Lux, asked me why why I didn’t come to his house over the weekend like I was supposed to.
“A little accident happened, I couldn’t make it. I’ll come next weekend,” I replied.
“Whatever you say, Tenebrae.” sighed Lux. “But what is this ‘little accident’ you talk about.” I gave him a quick glare.
“It’s none of your buisness.” I answered quietly.
“Whatever you say, Tenebrae, whatever you say.”