The Inner You | Teen Ink

The Inner You

November 22, 2015
By Matt_O BRONZE, Wellington, Colorado
Matt_O BRONZE, Wellington, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A warm summer afternoon, the birds singing and the earth, a happy ball of life.  Chris was relaxing at the park with his girlfriend and they were laughing and feeding the ducks. Chris heard something behind him so he turned around and jumped because to his astonishment there, standing behind him a strange man.  Chris said “God man, you scared me ha-ha. What’s up?” The ominous man was wearing a black suit, sunglasses and perhaps the most peculiar part was that he had the date 1/15/2016 tattooed on his neck. The strange man replied in a serious voice. “Are you Aaron Chris Fowler?” Chris was confused cause he had never met the man before and most people didn't know his real name because he always went by Chris. Chris confirmed to the man who he was and the man just walked away. Months passed and Chris saw nothing of the strange man. Then one day Chris pulled up to a stoplight and he looked at the car next to him. Upon further review Chris realized that the man looked a lot like himself. It was so much that Chris had to take a picture to show his friends. Chris took the picture right as the man drove off. Chris looked at the picture and sat there in shock. With one look at the picture Chris quickly realized that this man had a tattoo. And not just any tattoo, the date 1/15/2016, that same as the man from 6 months ago. Chris went straight home, not knowing what to do. He was going to see what his parents thought of it. But not to Chris’s surprise his parents were screaming and fighting and a hole could be seen where his dad punched the wall. He searched online and tried to find this man but had no luck. As the months went on, Chris saw nothing more of the man, but his life seemed to get worse and worse. His girlfriend broke up with him, he was failing all of his classes in school and it seemed that every day his parents would fight more and more. Chris loved his mom and wanted her to leave his violent dad, but his mom was too scared. Eventually it was the new year, 2016 had arrived. But Chris was not excited. He knew that the date that the man had on his neck was only 15 days away. It was eventually the night of the 14th and Chris awoke to a scream and then a gunshot. Chris sprung out of his bed to see what happened and he saw his mother dead on the ground and his father holding a gun. His dad pointed to gun at Chris and pulled the trigger. BANG! Chris quickly sat up, his heart raced at a million beats a minute, he couldn't believe the dream he just had. He looked to the left and right there was the man with the tattoo. The man grabbed Chris and stuck him with a needle. Chris tried to fight back, but swiftly fell unconscious. Chris awoke in a dark room tied to a chair and the man standing in front of him. The man said to Chris “Listen i know you're very confused right now, but we don't have much time you need to trust me.” “TRUST YOU!?, Why would i trust you? Chris screamed out. The man took off his glasses and got very close to Chris. He then said “I am you Chris.” “What are you talking about?” Chris replied. The man then continued to say “Listen Chris, i know this doesn't make any sense to you but i am from a different dimension. All of this has already happened in my world and i am trying to help you. That dream that you had, was not a dream. That is going to happen in 2 hours and you need to stop it.” Chris So confused on what was going on asked the man to prove that he was Chris. The man then showed Chris a birthmark that he had that was exactly the same as the one on Chris. Chris began to believe the man and asked how he would stop his father. The man told Chris that he would need to go and get his mother right away and take her as far away from his father as possible. Chris’s father was dangerous and he knew that his mom wouldn’t leave him on her own. The man then told Chris that he would wake up and then need to save his mom. Chris thanked him and the next thing he knew was he was in his house. He then took his mom and went far away. Chris thanked himself for the help and knew he would be back.